Archived Have been sick..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdhdstpchl

Watching it all
for two days, have called in each day within the two hours before I was scheduled.

If I am able to go to work for my next shift, do I just go in like usual?

Not normally sick, so I just want to be sure.

Don't go in until you are really feeling better but then just do your regular schedule.

You only need to call someone about coming back to work is if you are on LOA/FMLA.

FMLA you contact Hewitt before the store.

Somewhat related, I called out sick a few weeks ago but then used my sick pay. Then I got told I have to work on my attendance. Did I need a doctor's note or something?

Somewhat related, I called out sick a few weeks ago but then used my sick pay. Then I got told I have to work on my attendance. Did I need a doctor's note or something?

Unfortunately even with a doctors note it is still an absence. They are just passive aggressively telling you to work on your attendance but you are fine.

Unfortunately even with a doctors note it is still an absence. They are just passive aggressively telling you to work on your attendance but you are fine.

Yeah this. As long as you called out properly, and you're not in your first 90 days, you're fine. Unless you call out a whole lot.

Meanwhile ETLs at my store tell TMs that unless they're on their death bed they need to come into work. Yeah thanks a whole lot for people coming in even more often while being sick and coughing all over everything.

I hope you are feeling better.
Somewhat related- this job terrifies me more and more. I have an anxiety disorder and I am trying to work on communicating better with people. I have work at target for two and half years. On Friday I misread the schedule and left an hour early. My boss controls her emotions very well but I could tell that she was disappointed in me . She also commented that I called in sick one other time this year. I had called in sick the day after I had ECT. I thought I would be able to go in but I was just too out of it. Now I have six more ECT schedule . It is very confusing to ask the read company anything about short-term disability. It is supposed to start tomorrow. My HR lady says go on a personal leave, but she will never answer is never to ask if I can use vacation .

My counselor says I should quit my husband says I should quit my family says I should quit but my psychiatrist says it is good for me and that everyone needs work and love in your life . It's just so hard to put on be cheerful and energetic for an entire eight hour shift. It is hard to pretend that I am not afraid.

Hardlines master somehow I think you might be able to give me some advice or anyone anyone please help thank you

Last edited:
I will reply to myself:
Girl, you are a mess and the help you need is well beyond the scope of this breakroom!

Somewhat related- this job terrifies me more and more. I have an anxiety disorder and I am trying to work on communicating better with people. I have work at target for two and half years. On Friday I misread the schedule and left an hour early. My boss was furious. She also commented that I called in sick one other time this year. I had called in sick the day after I had ECT. I thought I would be able to go in but I was just too out of it. Now I have six more ECT schedule . It is very confusing to ask the read company anything about short-term disability. It is supposed to start tomorrow. My HR lady says go on a personal leave, but she will never answer is never to ask if I can use vacation .

My counselor says I should quit my husband says I should quit my family says I should quit but my psychiatrist says it is good for me and that everyone needs work and love in your life . It's just so hard to put on be cheerful and energetic for an entire eight hour shift. It is hard to pretend that I am not afraid.

Hardlines master somehow I think you might be able to give me some advice or anyone anyone please help thank you

If HR will not give you a straight answer - hotline! And you can use vacation for any damn days you don't want to work that is what it is for. Also FMLA would cover you, if you qualify with hours worked.

And she says use personal leave vs disability since its easier for her..

Lol. Well, we can provide the work related advice anyway. I don't know what area you work in. Are there parts of the job or times of day that are better for you. You can have your Dr write a workability form limiting you to 4 or 5 hour shifts if that would help. And you are not required to tell Target why if you don't want to.

I don't know your benefits situation, so I don't know how short term disability might work for you. If you are eligible, and your Dr deems it necessary, you should be able to get it.

I also don't know much about ECT treatment, so I'm not sure how much time is required. Do you need 6 weeks off, or a few days off when you have treatment?

They won't take a doctors note. Interesting though, my ETL-HR said we can't coach for attendance if sick pay is used.

I don't agree with Bosch suggestion to just call the hotline, I know people think they are some savior on a white horse that comss to the store and rights every wrong but they are either going to call your STL or ETL HR. And you are back at square one.

It sounds to me like you qualify for a disability accomodation. I would have your doctor like Yetive suggested write that you should limit yourself to 4 hour shifts. Target has a duty to make reasonable accommodation request. We have a sales floor team member who only pushes reshop, works one shift a week.

You definitely shouldn't quit if you don't want to. Sounds like you are a hard worker in a bit of a funk. You just need support and that's what HR is for.

Last edited:
Somewhat related- this job terrifies me more and more. I have an anxiety disorder and I am trying to work on communicating better with people. I have work at target for two and half years. On Friday I misread the schedule and left an hour early. My boss controls her emotions very well but I could tell that she was disappointed in me . She also commented that I called in sick one other time this year. I had called in sick the day after I had ECT. I thought I would be able to go in but I was just too out of it. Now I have six more ECT schedule . It is very confusing to ask the read company anything about short-term disability. It is supposed to start tomorrow. My HR lady says go on a personal leave, but she will never answer is never to ask if I can use vacation .

Reduce your hours working at spot, as others have said. Talk to hrtm, they can help you too. Take a look at targetpayandbenefits.com for more info.
Don't forget about liferesources too.

I agree with what everyone else said and also want to add don't ever feel shy or embarrassed about asking for help on here. Even help not related to work stuff, we're all human and all deal with different stuff. Will try to assist you in any way possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back