Archived Having your pic taken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitii

yeah
So to some it isnt a big deal but I h a t e having my picture taken and I have stressed this many, many times. And yet, they will literally sneak pictures of me during events and shit. Whatever, cool just dont show it to me or anyone else. But I found out that one of the pics they snuck of me is posted on a slideshow we have of "great team moments" on a tv in tsc. Im livid and am wondering if they can actually do that when I have said no MANY GOD DAMN TIMES

I asked them to take it down but its been a week and they havent and I just wanna fight them

Enjoy your fame. It will only last 15 minutes!

Seems like they should respect your wishes if you've made it clear that you're uncomfortable with it.
Don't recall signing away rights to your image when accepting employment.

Another Advantage of being a BRTM

We can't wear nice scarfs adnc Uggs or the like so we aren't exactly picture worthy

If I could show you the pictures they take of me, you would be proud of the ones they take of you. Lol

Lol, we used to have an ETL that was always taking pictures of the team. The worst picture she got of me was while I was sorting strays in guest service. She came out of nowhere and snapped a picture of me at this like slanted, low, unflattering angle. It's still hanging in TSC. Gives me a good laugh.

Seems like they should respect your wishes if you've made it clear that you're uncomfortable with it.

Yeah I am not sure who you told to take it down @Kaitii but tell the ETL HR. At my old store I wrote a tms full name down on a list and she freaked out, protecting your privacy is a huge part of our job and if you don't want a picture up let her know. I suggest citing privacy concerns.

Yeah I am not sure who you told to take it down @Kaitii but tell the ETL HR. At my old store I wrote a tms full name down on a list and she freaked out, protecting your privacy is a huge part of our job and if you don't want a picture up let her know. I suggest citing privacy concerns.
I asked both the HR ladies, and they mostly shrugged me off and one was like "but I told you I was you let me!!" and no, I did not. The picture that's on the slideshow has me not even looking at the camera so it was clearly done without my knowledge. I'll try citing privacy next time. I tried mentioning consent and how uncomfortable I was.

Though when I was a great team hero, I was literally backed into a corner and had my pic taken against my will and it was kept up on the wall for months. I hated every moment of it.

Some food for thought...

It's worth considering though, there's no threat to your privacy in this context. It's just uncomfortable. It's worth considering, but maybe analyze why it makes you uncomfortable, and if your concerns are based in logic, or emotion. Since it's likely an emotional reaction, it would be a good time to deal with those emotions. Don't blame the trigger, be more worried about your response to the trigger, because that's the actual problem.

I would rather deal with that on my own terms though, not when I said no to someone and they did it anyways. Then they'll be like "well we got away w that lets do it again"

You are dealing with it on your own though, because no one else is going to care about it, unless you invite them to care about it.

It's worth considering though, there's no threat to your privacy in this context.

You are correct that it doesnt apply in this story but at the same time off stage areas are not only seen by team members. My ETL HR said the reason we hide last names is a horror story where someone applied so he could be brought back and look for information on a team member

I'm just curious op, is there a particular reason why you don't like having photos taken of you? Not that you need a reason. I used to get lots of people who wanted to take photos of me in a security uniform (not at tgt) with their kids and such. Never bothered me although it seemed to drive one of my co-workers crazy.

These days, it's also great so people can't find you on facebook. Lol

You are correct that it doesnt apply in this story but at the same time off stage areas are not only seen by team members. My ETL HR said the reason we hide last names is a horror story where someone applied so he could be brought back and look for information on a team member

Yo, that's stocker level 2,000.

So to some it isnt a big deal but I h a t e having my picture taken and I have stressed this many, many times. And yet, they will literally sneak pictures of me during events and shit. Whatever, cool just dont show it to me or anyone else. But I found out that one of the pics they snuck of me is posted on a slideshow we have of "great team moments" on a tv in tsc. Im livid and am wondering if they can actually do that when I have said no MANY GOD DAMN TIMES

I asked them to take it down but its been a week and they havent and I just wanna fight them
Some food for thought...

It's worth considering though, there's no threat to your privacy in this context. It's just uncomfortable. It's worth considering, but maybe analyze why it makes you uncomfortable, and if your concerns are based in logic, or emotion. Since it's likely an emotional reaction, it would be a good time to deal with those emotions. Don't blame the trigger, be more worried about your response to the trigger, because that's the actual problem.
I would rather deal with that on my own terms though, not when I said no to someone and they did it anyways. Then they'll be like "well we got away w that lets do it again"
Everyone has their own ways about themselves no matter what it is. It's what makes us all individuals. I agree with what was said and speak to the ETL HR about your privacy concerns and that it makes you feel uncomfortable. It's your workplace and you should feel comfortable there.

Everyone has their own ways about themselves no matter what it is. It's what makes us all individuals. I agree with what was said and speak to the ETL HR about your privacy concerns and that it makes you feel uncomfortable. It's your workplace and you should feel comfortable there.

Sometimes making mountains out of antibiotics hills is more trouble than the original issue. My contribution here is just to give an alternative suggestion outside the obvious "talk to a leader."

*edit: for some reason my phone corrected "ant" to "antibiotics." I'm leaving it because it made me laugh.

Last edited:
An ETL in my store recently forced their team to be photographed (for yet another timewasting organization method) and from what I've heard made it sound like their employment was at stake if they tried to decline. I found it a little unsettling. :oops:

Sometimes making mountains out of antibiotics hills is more trouble than the original issue. My contribution here is just to give an alternative suggestion outside the obvious "talk to a leader."

*edit: for some reason my phone corrected "ant" to "antibiotics." I'm leaving it because it made me laugh.
I hear you and your both right. This particular person doesn't seem like they want to deal with whatever issue concerns them "right this second" as it pertains to them internally. They are at liberty to deal with it As they see fit is all I'm saying. Many venues to choose and at the end of the day, they will make their choice.

I totally understand how this makes you feel. I do not think that any workplace has the right to take your picture for "entertainment" purposes. This is not a name badge or a team roster. I think you have a valid point. I got into a heated exchange when they would put my birthday on those damn table talkers. I politely and discreetly let my HR know I did not want my birthdate posted. The reason I didnt want it on there was really no ones damn business. but I had to tell her. I did not celebrate my birthday growing up and I find it terribly awkward when people acknowledge it. I know that they all mean well but I hate it. So I tried to avoid it. I just didnt think I should have to give an explanation for something I did not want to participate in that had zero bearing on my job duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back