Archived Headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey I work flow at a target store in Nevada. This morning in our huddle we were told that as a company, that it's a safety issue around the company that we don't listen to music on the floor, with the store not open? We work from midnight to about 6 everyday so the store isn't open. We've never had a safety issue with it before so I was just wondering if anyone knew if we have a policy on the issue with the company. Thanks!

In the past at my store, we've had incidents where our flow team wasn't paying attention. Headphones or earbuds. Management call out their name, no response. We also had other incidents. It got to a point where even the day side team was banned from listening to music.

It makes sense because if you're being called on the walkie and you don't hear or respond, it becomes an issue.

I think you'd find that most stores don't allow team members to listen to music during store hours, and it's explicitly prohibited for team members that go on the sales floor. I've heard of stores that have a radio playing in their backroom, but to do that your STL and DTL would need to be cool with it.

However, during non business hours, it's definitely not a company policy. My STL and DTL, who are both big on personal brand, have no problems with team members listening to music during non-store hours. One of our overnight ETLs even blares music from his phone speaker.

At my store we are a 4 am start and are allowed 1 ear bug in before store opens. Never when open. Backroom we have music on. Electronics tm will also take requests before store opens

At my store the backroom was allowed one earbud for over 10 years. In september we were told they were banned because there's an old rule that they didn't enforce and now a regional manager told them they have to enforce. I've complained about it and corporate told me that it's always been a rule and target as a company is cracking down on it. Now we have a radio in the backroom but our backroom is one of the biggest in the region and people have left over it who have been there for years. I was going to quit but that would leave our backroom with too little people so I'm staying for a only a little while longer until my next internship starts. If they don't find my replacement then oh well.

Overnight comes in 1-2 hours before we close. They'll blast music as they unload the truck. Us and the guests can hear it, but I guess no one cares? Idk. Backroom will usually have a speaker going or they'll just play music from their phone speaker. If I'm in before we open, I'll keep an earbud in. My SFS captain will keep an earbud in when he's on the floor lmao.

I was going to say that you shouldn't give out where you work, but I just looked it up and Las Vegas has so many Target locations, holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back