Archived Heads up on Sharpies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronics Man

Electronics Team Member
So I am cashiering today and I just had a guest use a 1 dollar off coupon a two pack of sharpie markers. It's a Target web coupon. However the two packs of sharpies are marked down to one dollar this week. Free sharpies for everyone I guess. Just a heads up those if anyone else has that happen.

Watch for copied coupons & guests buying excessive quantities.

Its a web coupon so its a printable. Just dont let them go all extreme couponer on you and buy excessive amounts.

Uh-oh, here come the extreme couponers! :eek:
*sound of stampede*

Got heads up from redeye, I am removing all sharpies from bts right now! Grabbing a handbasket, filling it up & done!
Whew! Lod asks why. Coupon nazis are headed for bts...lod agrees with removal. He had to deal with them last time.

I wonder if those "coupon nazis" ever wind up on episodes of Hoarders.
I've seen them where I work with their binders of coupons. Then they wonder why the shelves are bare. Then they get annoyed when I tell them that other couponers beat them to that item.
Never mind that where I work, if you have a coupon whose value is greater than the price of the item you are buying, you get the difference in cash or as a credit to the rest of your bill.
Working in retail has caused me to hate couponers. I know they save money, though if you're buying an item you don't usually use just because you have a coupon, you're not saving money. I'll use coupons for stuff I usually buy because that does save me money. I also don't buy 10 of the same item. Usually only one or two is enough, unless for whatever reason I'm buying cans of wet cat food, though usually I buy the variety pack.

That's nothing, I had a guests in yesterday for a free Virgin mobile phone. On sale for $20 + $20 off coupon.

Was it a web coupon? Haven't seen it.

Unfortunately lots of the coupons (not all) are for junk food. I say people should get reasonable family limits. No, 36 packs of Sharpies is not reasonable.

Oh wait, I found it. Yes, it is the new college mailer thats out. $20/1 Sprint Virgin Mobile Phone expires 9/18

Last edited:
If it's a web coupon:

Internet (Print-at-Home) Coupons:
· We gladly accept valid internet coupons that contain a clear and scannable bar code.
· We do not accept internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.

from the updated coupon policy 6/10/11

If the coupon is from Virgin, no problemo.

Got heads up from redeye, I am removing all sharpies from bts right now! Grabbing a handbasket, filling it up & done!
Whew! Lod asks why. Coupon nazis are headed for bts...lod agrees with removal. He had to deal with them last time.

Yep, our leadership is imposing limits of 5 on coupon items for BTS. Too many guests all but clean us out because we have the best price....for THIS week. Next week we'll get a bunch back when they find it cheaper elsewhere. What a waste of gas....:facepalm:

If it's a web coupon:

Internet (Print-at-Home) Coupons:
· We gladly accept valid internet coupons that contain a clear and scannable bar code.
· We do not accept internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.

from the updated coupon policy 6/10/11

If the coupon is from Virgin, no problemo.

I'm thinking they mean coupons like "Free box of Huggies" from the manufacturer. So many fraudulant coupons on CIC are for Free Redbull, free box of Huggies, etc. They probably dont care about the Virgin Mobile thing because its a $20 phone that you have to come back and buy minutes for.

Couponers that don't use the merchandise, purchase the merchandise to be returned later, or purchase it just to be competitive with other couponers are stealing. Pure and simple. Go figure, a select few are taking advantage of the system and ruining it for everyone else. Ever wonder why prices never seem to go down? Here's your sign. *facepalm*

Okay, I'm a long-time couponer, and will ALWAYS use coupons when I can, but who on earth NEEDS 40 bottles of mustard? Or 37 packs of Sharpies? I mean, REALLY?!?! Those things last a LONG TIME, but by the time you actually get around to opening pack 20 (nevermind pack 37), the darn things will probably be dried up and unusable! Buy what you actually NEED and will USE and leave the rest there for the rest of us who have to buy them for our kids for school!

Heads up, there is a coupon for 15% off a Safe $45 or more, however, the coupon takes 15% off the ENTIRE transaction. Be aware of people are buying safes and gift cards!

Our coupon policy, per the store manager, is accept everything, no limited quantities. It just sucks. My instinct is to say no, or at least limit people what they buy. We are not allowed to :(

Okay, I'm a long-time couponer, and will ALWAYS use coupons when I can, but who on earth NEEDS 40 bottles of mustard? Or 37 packs of Sharpies?
And if civilization as we know it disintegrates? And you're unable to write an important message because your emergency Sharpie supply ran out in 2013? What then sir? ... What then?

And if civilization as we know it disintegrates? And you're unable to write an important message because your emergency Sharpie supply ran out in 2013? What then sir? ... What then?

An incredibly valid point. I for one would need the mustard to squirt all over my body and run through the streets screaming "Apocalypse!" See, we all have different needs, mamak1.

You guys are a riot *shaking head in smiling disbelief*

Heads up, there is a coupon for 15% off a Safe $45 or more, however, the coupon takes 15% off the ENTIRE transaction. Be aware of people are buying safes and gift cards!
Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll advise my cashiers to ring it up w/coupon separately. Does it take 15% off gift cards, too?

So we have a special with some womens razors(Like $6 each), buy 2 and get a $5 giftcard. Well apparently there is a coupon for buy one get one free.
When you start buying 2 at a time and using the giftcard on the next purchase, you end up paying $2 for $12 worth of razors. Had a guest clean out our whole supply on shelf's. I felt like saying you should buy a reasonable amount, but my gstl doesn't like the idea of limiting guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back