Archived Health Insurance and Status?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CrimsonRaven712

I've been trying to figure out if I qualify for health benefits starting next year and while I have the average amount of hours needed, I was told by the pay and benefits I don't qualify. They said it had to do with my status.

I was confused because my current average hours are at 32, which would should make me qualify. But that P&B person said my average hours don't affect my status. My hr people have been telling me that hours for benefits recalculate in January because I did not have enough at the start of this year. But that P&B person said my average hours don't affect my status.I have hired over 3 years ago as a regular hire, so I am really confused about what my status would be. Can anyone explain this to me a bit more?

Yeah thats a new one I know you need over 1000 total hours to be considered for benefits but having worked at Target for 3 years I am sure you are well over that.

Your status is also affected by how many hours you have in the past year. OP have you gone on LOA in the past year?

Your status is also affected by how many hours you have in the past year. OP have you gone on LOA in the past year?

no I haven't had an LOA. I was working about 20hrs a week for about half the year last year and then bumped it up to about 40 for the second half of the year. So I think I should have worked at least 1000 hrs last year.

They didn't tell me what did affect my status. My HR people are trying to figure it out but they couldn't find anything so far that would explain my status. So I'm still waiting to see if they can figure it out.

Team Members

Your eligibility for benefits is based on your position, average hours and time with Target. You can view your eligibility at targetpayandbenefits.com during the enrollment process.

If you are an hourly team member, your benefits eligibility is reviewed each year before the beginning of the plan year. Based on this annual review, your benefits eligibility could change for the next plan year. Average hours are calculated using the previous 12 months. To view your average hours throughout the year, go to Pay & Benefits on eHR or insideTGT, click My Pay and then click View Pay Statement.

Maybe they don't know what your current average hours are, and it will change after Target sends them the updated info in January.

Well, it turned out that Pay & Benefits had no clue what they were talking about. My status is determined by hours and I should be getting them next year once average hours are recalculated in January. My HR person helped me figure everything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back