Archived Health Insurance Benefits Video. If you thought the union video was awful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my packet today &, aside from generic info, I couldn't find anything out about the HRA & the HSA. I know the HRA will roll unused $$ over to the next yr & the HSA doesn't (which explains why folks buy all kinds of medicine cabinet stuff at yr's end) but there aren't any specifics about either plan. I went to mytargetbenefits but it only gives enrollment info.
I asked my ETL-HR & he told me to call HROC (formerly known as TMSC). I tried to request something "in writing" that could give details but they insisted on simply 'answering questions' over the phone.
Anyone know anything about these?

I got my packet today &, aside from generic info, I couldn't find anything out about the HRA & the HSA. I know the HRA will roll unused $$ over to the next yr & the HSA doesn't (which explains why folks buy all kinds of medicine cabinet stuff at yr's end) but there aren't any specifics about either plan. I went to mytargetbenefits but it only gives enrollment info.
I asked my ETL-HR & he told me to call HROC (formerly known as TMSC). I tried to request something "in writing" that could give details but they insisted on simply 'answering questions' over the phone.
That' s weird because I've had an HSA acct for the past 2 years and it always rolls over from year to year. Maybe, it's the FSA that doesn't?

Your HR gave you misinformation, the TMSC (now HROC) hasn't talked to health insurance and open enrollment for over 2 years, those things are handled by the Target Benefits Center, health and insurance department

I hope you were able to find the correct information
Your HR gave you misinformation, the TMSC (now HROC) hasn't talked to health insurance and open enrollment for over 2 years, those things are handled by the Target Benefits Center, health and insurance department

Yes, the video was pretty bad! The benefit decreases even worse!
Anybody else see the video and think WTF?

They actually compared getting health services, like going to the doctor, to buying a TV. The video said that the reason that medical costs were going up so fast was that people went to the doctor too often and that Target, by getting rid of the old plans, was letting us see the true cost so that we could be smarter about it and use less resources and save more money (Our cost of going to the doctor would go from $50 to $160 or $320 so how we would save money is beyond me).

Then the voice over said, "Of course we aren't comparing shopping for health insurance to buying a health insurance plan." YOU JUST DID! This isn't rocket science, we do have memories that are longer six or seven seconds. I saw tears from my fellow team members at this point.

Then it went into how Target is spending a small fortune in order for us to have the proper tools to look at this from a point of view that had all the facts. Upon checking the links, none of the tools they had were running and all of the options were from 2009. A few phone calls later and our ETL's told us it wouldn't be up and running until we could select a plan. So the entire fortune must have been buried at sea after getting lost.

But hey, producing that video was so worth a few families health insurance being cancelled.

well said!
They better get out the anti union video again. They're going to need it!!! Do they really think we will sit back and let them destroy our lives without a fight? All so they can make MORE MONEY AT OUR EXPENSE AND OUR FAMILIES LIVES? Bring on the fight ORGANIZE. with or without Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back