Archived Health insurance charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can have it refunded they will refund up to 3 months worth may have to go take a pee test to show no nicotine in your system I had to do it once before when I forgot to take it off insurance but was told they don’t require the test anymore

There a number to call on the insurance page on pay and benefits... You call and set up an appointment to get a nicotine test. I got refunded the entire years amount.

That's some garbage. Should've read the fine print I guess

Fine print? My store leadership harped on it for weeks before and during open enrollment and stressed even if you aren't planning to get benefits through Target, even if you're not even sure you're eligible, log onto the pay & benefits site and make sure to indicate you're not a tobacco user.

There were signs up all over the place, too.

That's weird I'm not eligible for health insurance since they always cut hours and I didnt change it and dont get a charge on my paycheck

Also yeah my store had posters and signs everywhere and HR told us all day everyday about open enrollment and about the tobacco thing on the site

That's weird I'm not eligible for health insurance since they always cut hours and I didnt change it and dont get a charge on my paycheck

Also yeah my store had posters and signs everywhere and HR told us all day everyday about open enrollment and about the tobacco thing on the site

You wouldn't get charged unless your using target insurance.

Man since June of last year they’ve been taking it out of my paycheck. I have never been a smoker and past years they’ve never taken out. It makes no sense that if you don’t update your info when re enrolling they automatically make you a tobacco user. I even emailed them through the mypaybenefits twice and I’ve gotten no response.

You wouldn't get charged unless your using target insurance.
It affects a lot of part time benefits too, like dental rates and life insurance rates and hospital indemnity/accident/critical care.

I don't know why Target does it. First thought was they make money, but they would have to turn around and pay that extra money to the insurance companies they work with.

Target does it because the insurance company requires it. My husband also has to make an annual statement every year during open enrollment that he does not use any form of tobacco or vape. When I was covered on his policy, I also had to make the same annual statement. Our adult daughter, however, does not, which I find interesting.

Target does it because the insurance company requires it. My husband also has to make an annual statement every year during open enrollment that he does not use any form of tobacco or vape. When I was covered on his policy, I also had to make the same annual statement. Our adult daughter, however, does not, which I find interesting.

It's a bullshit policy whomever is implementing this. Considering that less that 15% of US citizens smoke, it's an odd thing to assume. "Yes you must smoke unless otherwise stated."

Man since June of last year they’ve been taking it out of my paycheck. I have never been a smoker and past years they’ve never taken out. It makes no sense that if you don’t update your info when re enrolling they automatically make you a tobacco user. I even emailed them through the mypaybenefits twice and I’ve gotten no response.
You have to call. They don't respond to emails.

It's a bullshit policy whomever is implementing this. Considering that less that 15% of US citizens smoke, it's an odd thing to assume. "Yes you must smoke unless otherwise stated."
Could be worse. You could have no option to declare and receive that incentive.

My company has ONE person whose spouse requested coverage for obstetric care. Everyone in the company now has to have coverage.... and a hefty increase in premiums to go with it. There's no way to add that on for a single member, or to opt out for the rest of us.

The fact that TMs who don't get benefits through Target have to know to go in and declare they don't use tobacco, or get charged, is utter bullshit.
Our HR barely mentioned enrollment, and only to TMs who attend huddles (not nearly most of the team.) There were posters, but they didn't really call out the fact that you needed to "enroll" even if you weren't eligible for healthcare.
And yes, coupled with how few people actually smoke now days, the whole thing feels a little like a scam.

Could be worse. You could have no option to declare and receive that incentive.

My company has ONE person whose spouse requested coverage for obstetric care. Everyone in the company now has to have coverage.... and a hefty increase in premiums to go with it. There's no way to add that on for a single member, or to opt out for the rest of us.

You're really comparing childcare/birth to smoking?

You're really comparing childcare/birth to smoking?
The point wasn't obstetrics to smoking, the point was that at least Target uses a company that offers a cheaper rate if you don't use/need something, rather than a company that charges everyone at the more expensive rate because there's a small number of people who smoke. Goody was saying that Target's insurance could force everyone to opt into and pay for an expensive option that affected very few people, rather than have two tiers of cost for those who need/use and those who don't.

The point wasn't obstetrics to smoking, the point was that at least Target uses a company that offers a cheaper rate if you don't use/need something, rather than a company that charges everyone at the more expensive rate because there's a small number of people who smoke. Goody was saying that Target's insurance could force everyone to opt into and pay for an expensive option that affected very few people, rather than have two tiers of cost for those who need/use and those who don't.

Except Target doesn't charge the tobacco fee because the plans that don't cover smoking related health issues. They charge it because those things that are covered are self-inflicted and long term/permanent illnesses.
Having insurance plans that allow you to pay buffet style means less money in the pool overall when people need it, and quite frankly skirts around discrimination laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back