Archived Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, new forum member here. :)

I've been working overnights at a Super Target for almost 3 months now. I was originally hired as a flow team member, which was interesting because the guy who trained me spoke 3 words of English, so I mostly figured things out myself. After around a month on flow, the backroom TL noticed that I work my butt off and catch on quick, so he moved me to his team. Training and overall TL/TM support has been much better there, but I still work flow occasionally. I've also worked plano a few times. Unfortunately, the plano TL mostly had me doing pulls, even though she knows that I'd like to learn more.

I work at a Target in a upper-middle class suburb, so we're usually pretty busy. I'm not too worried about hours right now, but I'm sure things will change after the holidays. I'm trying to learn as much as possible so I can at least fill in for people in the spring, but there's only so much you can learn working overnights.

Half of the TLs have been super-supportive and awesome, and the other half are at least cool and laid back. The overnight HR rep has been cool too: he's always willing to give as many hours as possible (even if he can't actually write them on a weekly schedule, they're there), and he's flexible and understanding.

So I'm here because there's still quite a bit about Target that I don't know, and our store has been busy since I started there. It's difficult to find time to ask work-related questions. It would also be nice to have a place to rant to people who'd understand, lol. Some interesting things have happened lately.

Anyway, sorry for the mini-biography!

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Not too long at all. Thanks for such a detailed intro

Welcome to Target and welcome to The Break Room.

Enjoy the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back