Archived HELP I NEED OFF SUNDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out Sunday from my parents we will be leaving early Sunday instead of Monday for a trip that I already scheduled out for. I am seasonal, and I do not want to work after seasonal is over. I have already called out once this month bc of snow and I could not drive. I tried Kronos swap but no one will take and I asked two people.

Should I A.) send this message to person who makes schedule or B.) Call our day of C.)

Good Evening,
I am scheduled to work on Sunday from ____ until ______, however I just found out the other day that I will be leaving out of town earlier than expected and will not be able to work those times. I put it onto Kronos for swap, but I don’t see anyone grabbing it.
Sorry for inconveniences.
Sincerely,

Name

I found out Sunday from my parents we will be leaving early Sunday instead of Monday for a trip that I already scheduled out for. I am seasonal, and I do not want to work after seasonal is over. I have already called out once this month bc of snow and I could not drive. I tried Kronos swap but no one will take and I asked two people.

Should I A.) send this message to person who makes schedule or B.) Call our day of C.)

Good Evening,
I am scheduled to work on Sunday from ____ until ______, however I just found out the other day that I will be leaving out of town earlier than expected and will not be able to work those times. I put it onto Kronos for swap, but I don’t see anyone grabbing it.
Sorry for inconveniences.
Sincerely,

Name
Just call the store and say you are calling out, Sunday is still 5 dats away, I am sure they’ll appreciate the advance notice atleast.

Well I'm pretty sure you've already made up your mind so tell HR you won't be coming in on Sunday and don't need to be put on the next schedule. Since HR is making that today/tomorrow, you might as well quit now and save them the trouble of formally letting you go.

If your not planning on working after the season is over, just call out.
So should I call out the day of or let them know tonight? Sunday is 5 days away so they will have some time,

We are leaving at 9am this upcoming Sunday. We were suppose to leave Monday the day of our flight but my parents recently made a new plan.

Honestly, with all due respect, you’re just overthinking everything. You mentioned how you’ve decided to not work at Target right after your trip, yet, you’re cautiously approaching this matter as if you’re trying to preserve your keep there. Just call out and never call them again right after. Don’t go back to work, and don’t worry about returning your nameless nametag.

How do you quit a job? JFC. Just walk up to the boss and say, "I'm fucking done. I'm out. Piss off." And, walk the fuck out if you want. It doesn't matter. It will change your future in no way whatsoever. Just don't show up if you want. It doesn't matter. Tell them you can't work any more because the job makes your hemorrhoids flair up. It doesn't matter. Take an upperdecker in the backroom toilet if you want. It doesn't matter. Go through softlines and knock everything off the hangers. Block the entrance doors with the electric carts. Start greeting guests with "I just pissed my pants." It doesn't matter. Refer to your ETL as "baby" and only "baby" on the walkie. Tell HR that the STL hit on you and touched you inappropriately.

What I'm saying is IT DOESN'T MATTER. Just quit. Don't show up. Do whatever. IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Is this a serious question? You said you don’t wanna stay after season. So why don’t you just call out or quit? Do you wanna come back next season? Is that the reason your hesitant? Other than that I don’t see why you are having so much trouble making a decision.

If I was in your shoes..... I’d work and meet the family later. Or tell HR that Saturday is your last day since you want to stay seasonal anyway.

I guess it’s up to your sense of responsibility and work ethic. I’m assuming you’re and adult so make an adult decision.

From the OP, sounds like a minor. Or, at least someone dependent on their parents for vacations.

For most seasonals Target is just a way to pick up a couple of bucks... nothing they're truly invested in. People just need to calm down.

OP:. just go into the store and tell your TL, HR, or your ETL your plans have changed and you won't be able to work Sunday. They may give you some flack, but since you didn't plan on staying... Ask them if this basically terminates your time with Target, or would they prefer you do that on Workday.

Your done!

Geez why are there so many silly questions in here lately? Just call and quit. Or tell an lod and quit. Or do it on workday. It’s simple.

Anxious teenies who need confirmation for their actions.

Oh wait, that's me.

but, yeah, just call out and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back