Archived Help Me Impress my TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitii

yeah
No not like that you weirdos

So my TL is trying to give me more ~responsibilty~ by assigning me 4 sidecaps to replace in electronics. I think the responsibility thing is bs but whatever. He's done a lot for me in the short time he's been here so I just wanna make him proud.

He tells me I need to be creative and pick matching things but??? So I need some help! It doesn't have to be straight out answers like some brain storming would help.

Side cap 1: Next to routers, calcs (currently has batteries)
Side cap 2: Next to headphones, laptops/tablets, phones (has fidget spinners)
Side cap 3: Same as 2 (has earbuds)
Side cap 4: Next to video games (has red bull)

Like a lot of these things are accessories themselves so idk what even to put by routers or calcs what fit in a small sidecap???

Help would be hella cos I only have til the end of the week.

Honestly the only one of those that sounds out of place as a sidecap in Electronics is the fidget spinners which make more sense near Toys. But what the TL wants, the TL gets I guess.
Here are some ideas:

SC1: switch out the batteries to whatever ones are used in the calculators
SC2: memory sticks/SD cards
SC3: protection plans (can't go wrong with these anywhere in Electronics)
SC4: XBOX Live cards, PS4 cards, presell video game cards, Lego Dimension figures (the cheapest ones or d-code ones)

Basically, think of any kind of add-on you might need for the things in those aisles (build a basket, lol) and put those on the sidecaps. Other possibilities might be HDMI cords, controllers, gaming cards, any small d-code that is in the backroom.

Good luck!

Think of what's selling and what you think will sell. It's BTS I'd see if you have product in the back related to the aisles in the main aisle and set and place that on the endcaps. I had empty encaps in stationary I just turned them into BTS notebooks. Took 15 mins max.
I agree with Signing Lady, try to tie in things that go with the main aisle. Think of the size too. If it's a small 64'' Endcap, you can fit smaller things where as the gondolas you don't want to fill it with so much small stuff that you'll need to keep filling cause it empties out so much. You can create a SPL and tie it to the end caps if you don't have any SPLs to set. It's fun cause endcaps are really up for your creativity.

Red Bull is a vendor product, so it's kinda odd that he would tell you to remove it. Make sure you don't backstock it when you take it down, because the vendor won't ever find it again.

The thing I do with sidecaps is think of (what I call) the Grandma Effect. If you want to be all corporate-y, Silent Sellers. Basically what is going on right now that you think someone would go "Oh damn, I need these too" when they walk by.

Sidecap 1: Routers / Calculators. -- Right now is Back-to-School and College. What are those kids gonna need? USB drives. For fun times, maybe iTunes or Steam gift cards.

Sidecap 2: Headphones / Laptops / Mobile. -- More USB drives. Micro SD cards for the phones. iTunes gift cards should compliment the headphones.

Sidecap 3: No need to have two sidecaps covering the same area with the same stuff. If you can, detach it and put it somewhere else in electronics.

Sidecap 4: Get some sidecap shelves and put either D-Code games or put games with Cartwheel promos on it. Make sure to make a sign highlighting the Cartwheel deal. There's usually one or two games a week on Cartwheel with significant discounts.

Sidecap 1: Ethernet cords or on sale batteries.
Sidecap 2: Power strips/surge protectors
Sidecap 3: iTunes/Spotify giftcards, or leave the spinners. A little out of place, but xmerchandising for a high traffic area, particularly if it's by wired headphones.
Sidecap 4: Game Cards (PSN, Xbox Live, or Gift Cards for those two).

Alternatively, check your backroom and see if you have a lot of back stock of particular kinds of items. Move the sidecaps around and flex accordingly. Try and keep the pricepoint around $10 or less, unless you're doing gift cards.

1.)
  • Flash Drives
  • HDMI Cables
  • Other kinds of computer/tv/internet cables
  • pencils, back to school stuff
  • Computer supplies, maybe those cans of compressed air, screen wipes
  • those universal TV remotes, with matching batteries next to them maybe.

2.) I dunno, similar stuff to the above.

3.) I dunno still... lol

4.)
  • Fidget Spinners? I don't know if he'd want the same thing from an old endcap on a new one, but I think it could work.
  • I like @Zone 's Cartwheel idea. "Pre-Sell" cards for CoD:WW2 and Destiny 2 are 75% off on Cartwheel. Maybe those.
  • Xbox One Stereo Headsets, and controllers, 20% off on Cartwheel.
  • Any energy drink besides Redbull. Redbull is expensive, I think Monster or Rockstar would be better. Specifically the 4-packs. I don't think anyone is making impulse buys on single energy drinks...that are warm. But someone might pick up a 4-pack for later though.
  • Doritos.
  • Any Pop figures corresponding to the nearby franchises? Or any other nerdy fan gear?

Sidecaps should always be add-on, or accent items.

Near phones, you could have prepaid phone cards and micro-USB, lightning, and USB-c chargers. A row of each should look good. You could also work microSD cards into there.

Near computers should be flash drives, those mini Logitech mice and maybe a couple facings of ms office.

Video games, prepaid cards and Dcode like was mentioned. You could also get two controllers across.

Like Zone mentioned, move one of those side caps away from that same aisle. I'd put those earbuds over by CDs.

As long as you make one condoms and pregnancy tests, the other 3 will look amazing. 75% amazing is pretty good.

Condoms are for the Alcohol aisle. Lmao, definitely not next to the video games or calculators.

Are you getting paid more?

Twice I agree with you! Wow! :D

Seriously though, if he's giving you more responsibility, it's not a favor. Don't be afraid to ask for a raise if you're doing additional tasks regularly than what would normally be expected for your position.

E2E includes the teams learning how to set according to planograms.

Not any part of a HL/SL TM's learning plan.
True, but if you aren't teaching TMs how to set salesplanners as soon as the opportunity arises, you're shooting yourself in the foot. Matters less now that Single Price Point is God, but it's still good for to have for when they change back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back