Archived Help me submit my notice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after putting in just shy of 3 years, I've finally found a position in my field and they want me to start 9/8.

But if you do the math, even if I'm able to submit my two weeks today, that would still make my last day 9/9.

I definitely want to leave on good terms because you never know when you might need to go back (I pray never), but I'm not sure how to handle this situation in the event that they try to schedule me for those few days? Is it possible to ask to be scheduled just for closing shifts, if they're going to schedule me at all?

Also, as I'm not scheduled again until Friday, how exactly does one submit their notice when they aren't already working? I had hoped to be able to do it yesterday when I was there, but unfortunately I wasn't been able to confirm the job offer in time. I'm assuming I type up some sort of letter, but... Then do I go in and have someone walkie the ETL-HR (if she's even there) or maybe my ETL? Do I go back into TSC myself and put it in someone's box? Just not entirely sure what the protocol is here.

If you haven't already, fill our the form & get it into ETL-HR's box ASAP.
When you see them later, follow up & ask about the overlap in question.
If they haven't posted the schedule yet, see if you can request those days off.

So I keep reading about this mysterious form, but I'm not entirely sure how to get my hands on it?

Go to your store's TMSC (where your HRTMs are) & request a 'voluntary termination' form.
Fill it out & put it in HR's box; if they're in the store today, give them a heads up.
Do it TODAY.

Also, if neither side is being flexible regarding your starting day, ditch target. It'll suck to be non-rehireable, but I'm sure you'd rather have a job in your field than work here. Hopefully that won't happen, and they either get rid of the shift on your last day (if it exists in the schedule), ensure you aren't scheduled that day (if the schedule isn't made yet), or help you swap shifts with someone else.

Swap shift board.

Try to get your store to edit you off the schedule at that time.

Get the new job to realize you need to work your final days with Target.

Well, if necessary I'll try the swap shift board, but Starbucks in my store is notoriously understaffed and getting anyone to switch with you or pick up shifts is like pulling teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back