Archived HELP NOW!!! PLEASE I am a Flow Team Seasonal Team Member washed my Temp Discount Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Washed my Temp Discount Card that had my Team Member Id Number So what do I do Now How would I be able to clock in? THANKS

HR or your TL can give you your numbers, you'll just have to settle for no discount until payday.

Oh also, anything you buy without discount before then, ask a GSTL if they'll price adjust when you get your card. Most of them are more than happy to.

When you get your new one, have it laminated.

At our store, they won't even let you in the store without it...

Your TL, ETL, or HR can give you your number. Also, you should be getting your official discount card before long.

Random note: my store is awful about letting TMs just give the cashier their number for the discount. Most cashiers just automatically assume you don't have your card on you and just ask you for the numbers. Any other store I've worked/trained at doesn't allow that.

Any other store like that?

We are pretty strict. You get about one or two chances, before they tell you no more. And if you don't work at our store, the answer is an automatic no. I've had some supposed TMs from other stores get pretty argumentative with me about it. I figure they either gave their discount card to a friend and forgot to get it back or they are the friend trying to get away with it. Either way, they should know better.

If we don't know ya, we're gonna card ya.
I ALWAYS show my card at another store.
Had a lady using her husband's card but it was rejected. She said "Oh, it must've expired. I'll just wait 'til I get the new one."
Didn't want to make a fool of her so I just said, "Yeh, new one...."

I love the "team members" who come in with the discount card and try to use their regular debit card. I ignore it until the register stops them. Then I say something to the effect, "you do remember that you can't use your discount with that card, right?" or something like that. Then I get to watch them squirm as they pretend to know that and usually end up having to take the discount off. Funny, I try to offer them the Redcard, and they turn their nose up at that.....

Correct me if I'm wrong but cant you order a new card through eHr or whatever that program was called?

Yes. But I suspect the ones loaning them out aren't that bright....or that stupid...because if your TM cards start floating around too far, they would definitely notice and start asking questions.

Last edited:
Way back when I was on register full time had a new team member come thru and use his discount. Tried it with a non Target debit (it was before we even had a debit) and, of course, it rejected it. He made a comment that that was ******** rediculous (just fill in whatever swear word you want that starts with F:D). Needless to say, he didn't last long. Guess he was sleeping when they talked about that at orientation.

At my store, we don't require a discount card unless we don't know you. Then, show it up, please!

I swung by work last night and grabbed a few things, and went through a register of a cashier I had never seen before in my life. She seemed to know what she was doing, so I haven't a clue how we haven't come across each other. Anyway, I showed her my discount card, and she insisted on actually taking it out of my fingers instead of just scanning it with the hand scanner while I held it. Okay, whatever. Then, she dropped it into her coupon drawer. I just stared at her, wondering what in the world just happened. Before I could think of a nice way to ask for it back (I mean, really?) she realized what she had done and gave it back. I just never expected to have it confiscated for buying some soup and sodas! Note to self...hold on to that thing for dear life...I may not get it back one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back