Archived Help? Think i need to quit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I currently have a family emergency going on. And I have already called out ahead of time for 4 of my shifts. And by the looks of it now, I won't be able to work at all since I will be taking care of a family member for a good while (like 6 months or more...) Should I just call my Overnight LOD and tell them I can't work any longer, that I quit? Because I know if I try to do an LOA they won't be too willing nor happy since I'm a GSA. And I know if I don't put in my two weeks, I won't be rehireable. Help?

I once tried to do an LOA for that long but they wouldn't have it since I was a 'leader.' So i just did 2 weeks and just tried my best with what was going on, but this time it's a bit more worse since my family member needs 24/7 care. So I don't think I should even ask for an LOA this time.

Last edited:
Family Medical Leave Act. Your HR will know.

Family medical leave act. You have a right to use it. Talk to your stl & let them know what is going on.

I know of a team lead who went on leave. While your position you are currently in might not be guaranteed depending how long you are gone, you are guaranteed a similar position with Target. GSA position is easier to fill than another lead position and also easier to get back

I know of a team lead who went on leave. While your position you are currently in might not be guaranteed depending how long you are gone, you are guaranteed a similar position with Target. GSA position is easier to fill than another lead position and also easier to get back

Good stuff one correction I want to make is LOA in itself does not protect your position. The family medical leave act however does.

Let your HR know but you will have to get it approved through Hewitt, Targets third party company. Start gathering documents now (proof of family member illness)

Quitting should be your last resort. I know you have a lot on you and it's stressful but open communication will be key.

Since it is a family member I would try FMLA.
I believe you will need to work at least a year or more to request for FMLA. I haven't look it up for many years. Laws might be changed or I could be wrong.

I would leave "quit" as last resort and try to talk with your ETL HR to see if you can take LOA without pay unless you work under 90 days.

Last edited:
I believe you will need to work at least a year or more to request for FMLA. I haven't look it up for many years. Laws might be changed or I could be wrong.

I would leave "quit" as last resort and try to talk with your ETL HR to see if you can take LOA without pay unless you work under 90 days.

One year and 1200 hours for fmla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back