Archived Help with first day of non-training work

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKousuke

Absolute Newbie
Okay this is a really dumb question but I want to do this correctly.
Tomorrow is my first day of work without training. And I thought I'd ask the person training me neraly everything.

But I didn't.

I know that I'm supposed to find whoever is my LOD or this one person who's specifically in charge of my department. I'm Instocks.

How do I go about that? I know I should use the walkie, but what do you guys recommend saying over the walkie. Do I ask him where he is? Or?

What in your exact words would you say over it? I haven't used the walkie yet, and I'm a little anxious to sound like a complete idiot.

Which work center?
With a radio, just turn on walkie, then hit big button to talk on channel 1. Lod, this is jake, what is your location?

I know that my department is part of logisitics. And my trainer told me that sundays are usually started by helping them with the truck before I do my usual stuff at the store. And just in general to find tl of logistics or whoever was lod for logistics before i do my usual stuff.

So I should just ask for where they are and go over to them to see what they need from me before I start my usual stuff. That's what I thought but didn't want to mess it up! Thanks

Last edited:
I know for the most part who to report too [I was told the head of logistics but obviously one person can't work literally every day]. I've finished all my training on the computer yeah. And I've been pretty much told what to do each day. They handed out a learning plan packet to me, but no one formally went to each section and made sure I did every single thing on the list. My store is really understaffed right now and one of the TL wanted to give me another training shift...though she wanted to schedule it after I already started my regular shifts. Like I know the general gist of things and specifics of what not to do. I'm just really hazy on how to start and end my day. I actually don't even know how to hand in my training honestly...

Grab a walkie, turn it on, make sure it is on channel 1, and just say "hey LOD." Wait for a response and then tell them "this is xxxx here for my Instocks shift."

You will probably be coming in at the same time as the rest of the team though, so just ask whoever you see by the time clock to help you out.

Thanks! Since we're understaffed, I think I'm the only instocks person actually on shift tomorrow however. But hopefully that wont be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back