Archived Help with non rehirable status

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got fired from my call center job (it was a good thing, that place stressed me to the point of sickness). I have been applying for jobs but it’s been almost 3 weeks and I have yet to either hear back from anyone or get a 2nd interview. I haven’t received my unemployment either, and my spouse and I are struggling. I am also 3 months pregnant.

I have been thinking about going back to work at my old target store; I really enjoyed it and made lots of friendships there. It’s been 11 years and of course everyone I liked at that store is long gone. I would like to apply again there for full time work. I started out doing the morning unload shift and enjoyed it. Problem is, I applied to my store & another location 2 years after I left and was told I have a “non rehirable status”. I was really taken aback by that.
worked at a target in Boise for 4 years. During that time I only was sent home one for getting sick during a shift. I would always stay late if my manager asked me. I started on the unload line in the back, then went to planogram, softlines, and worked in the back scanning leftover items into the bins. I was never disciplined or had any warnings. I worked every day of my 2 week notice.

It’s been 11 years since I had that job, 7 since I left. Should I give it another try? What if that status comes up again? I don’t know any of the new HR employees to talk to about it

Last edited:
It’s been 11 years since I had that job, 7 since I left. Should I give it another try? What if that status comes up again? I don’t know any of the new HR employees to talk to about it

It doesn't hurt to try. Some stores will overlook or consider despite non rehire status.

If you are denied an interview, get on the phone with someone in HR. Explain your situation. You CAN rehire someone who is "unrehireable" it's just to the Hrs discretion. In other words you can convince me to give you a second chance.

We don’t share rehireability status. We can rehire someone who has been coded as nonrehireable. If you apply to the same location that you work at most recently they can actually pull up your job data and see why you were termed.

Typically, nonrehireable signifies that there were conduct issues that resulted in term, job abandonment, or the TM didn’t work out their two weeks notice. Nonrehireable is a red flag, but stores can hire someone back with that status. If it’s been 11 years, there’s a good chance that someone reapplying has grown and changed. They should never have shared that status with you though.

or the TM didn’t work out their two weeks notice.

Yeah I think some people assume that working out their two weeks means they are rehireable.

If you were close to being fired or managed out or are involuntarily fired for any reason besides being seasonal you will be non rehireable.

I've also seen vindictive leaders make someone non rehireable for a subjective reason which is unfair IMO.

Thanks for the help. I’ll try again at the store I started at.

And I found out my status actually in an email after I applied online to both stores. It had the target logo and addresses of both stores, my name and when I applied, and stated something about “unfortunately your status has been deemed “non rehirable in our records” and if I had any questions to call some national number. That was the gist of the email, from what i remember

As others have said give it a shot, but I wouldn't expect "a full time job" immediately, even if you're successful in convincing HR to give you another chance.

Yeah, ignoring the whole non-regireable issue, Target has changed a LOT since you last worked there. Probably everything has changed except for the pick labels on boxes. And there isn't really any full-time TM positions. If you went to Flow, you should expect to get less than 20 hours per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back