Archived Help with self review?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping for suggestions about Target lingo I should incorporate into my self review.
I really want to do a good job with it and would appreciate any help offered.

Don't over think it. Mention your wins and opportunities. Talk about plans you put into place and your affect on your department. If you developed team members mention that. The target lingo isn't really necessary. Mostly you'll use words like "wins", "sales", "conversion" (GSTL), "opportunities", "partnered", etc.

I usually break it into four paragraphs. First a brief summary of the year, second my wins and successes. Third is my opportunity and how I'm going about working on that opportunity. Fourth is a summary of all mentioned.

At the end of the day they're going to give you what ever score they want so whatever lol.

Yes it might not feel like you're going to change your score with your self review but when you're up for promotion they can look at your reviews. In 2018 I will reference the goals I set in my 2017 review and how I met and exceeded them. You can let your ETL or STL speak for you and your development or write your own story which they can't dispute if you stick to the facts. I have to think big picture

With only 3 scores now, it's likely that you will get a DIO. You can be one step above sucking at what you do, vs one step below excelling at what you do. TL reviews used to be very lengthy. I list store wins, area wins, and my goals. Plus some financials. Maybe an hour tops to do the whole thing.

I'm struggling with mine. I know what I'm saying, but unsure what score to give myself. My metrics are great. I took red departments and made them all very green. My performance management abilities are still an opportunity though. Really wish I could score myself a 2.5.

You're either getting fired (ION), promoted (DEO), or everyone else (DIO). I think it's ridiculous that DIO represents such a wide range of talent from 'almost useless' to 'excelling in their role,' but all DIOs will receive the same % increase.

What are examples of overall store wins that affect the front end? Aside from improving and putting forth new processes to continue to build loyalty and help save the sale store wide, is there another per say "category" or example of an opportunity/challenge?

I became a team lead this year and I'm afraid that I just don't know what's going on store wide and am writing this review narrow minded team member style not holistically :(

What are examples of overall store wins that affect the front end? Aside from improving and putting forth new processes to continue to build loyalty and help save the sale store wide, is there another per say "category" or example of an opportunity/challenge?

I became a team lead this year and I'm afraid that I just don't know what's going on store wide and am writing this review narrow minded team member style not holistically :(
How is backup response at your store? Did you do something to impact that? Improving cashier productivity to avoid backup increases everyone else's productivity. If there is backup, do you get those TMs back to their work ASAP? Have you partnered with the Fullfillment team to streamline the OPU process at all? Are cashiers doing FIFO when they aren't busy, impacting B(I think) markdowns? How do you impact the Food Service teams?

Fulfillment %
Picked on Time %
Sales Floor Speed (bit of a stretch, but still relevant)
Accessory Attachment Rate
Service/replacement plan rate
Shortage, especially no barcode

Mine is gonna read-

"With virtually no training, no leadership support, and lack of peer leadership; NGK has turned this dumpster fire into a small hobo trashcan fire. NGK has earned her DIO and deserves a raise that costs more than a pretzel at food ave"

Better spellcheck it too. NGK :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back