Archived HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilie

teammember123457
I just recently got hired as a an SL - seasonal, and was notified that I would have my orientation on the 16th and to wait on the call from HR to confirm the time and date with me to make sure i was available, and i had already gotten my uniform for that day and set my calendar. Then, some time on Sunday it said I got an email saying that I would have it Monday the 9th, today. would have been there in a heartbeat without a doubt, i'm not a slacker, but for some reason i had barley gotten the notification today around 5 pm or so. I tried contacting HR 3 times, but the operator said they already left. and just a side note: i always check my emails and have my phone on full volume all the time. i honestly don't know what to do anymore. my aunt who's a former employee said that they are supposed to notify you and also let you know a few days in advance instead of the night before. I even refreshed my emails on Sunday to see if I got any important emails and nothing. I am going to call at 8 am tomorrow and try to straighten it out with HR and be honest by telling them that I didn't get notified and that they were supposed to call me like they stated in the first email. I don't want them to think that I flaked on something as important as this. Can someone please help me out? I cannot lose this job without even starting it yet. I don't know what to do. this isn't fair.

Usually they call and confirm orientation, they make sure you are going to make it in. When I did orientation I was told to ignore the email and wait for a telephone call. They usually wait for a big group so they can process as many people efficiently. You should be good, but you can call and ask when they expect the next orientation to occur.

Last edited:
yeah, they said they'd call me but they didn't and then changed it last minute. I got the email too late the day of the orientation.

If it was just an email don't worry, I think I got multiple emails. When they call you and talk to you or leave a message is when they want you to come in. Don't panic, just call in the morning and confirm when orientation is to soothe your mind.

I think I got multiple confirmation emails as well. Don't sweat it, my HR ended up calling me a few days later and legitimately confirmed it with me.

Yeah the email system is messed up. You probably didn't miss it. The system makes your hiree pick a date which leads to a confirmation email.

It sometimes sends two or three different emails.

HR will always call you before an orientation unless they suck at their job

Yeah the email system is messed up. You probably didn't miss it. The system makes your hiree pick a date which leads to a confirmation email.

I know, right. Like, how are you supposed to know when this person's orientation date is going to be when they cannot attend one until their background check is cleared? The automated e-mail(s) confuse people a lot even when they are told to ignore them. I found that initially keying the orientation date the same as their job offer date minimizes confusion. I don't update the date until after I get ahold of the person with the legit orientation date.

Usually they call and confirm orientation, they make sure you are going to make it in. When I did orientation I was told to ignore the email and wait for a telephone call. They usually wait for a big group so they can process as many people efficiently. You should be good, but you can call and ask when they expect the next orientation to occur.
Same arbitrary the dc also we were told to ignore the email because the date on it would be incorrect to go by the date on the phone call instead

They told me they have to see when the next orientation is... this is ridiculous they were supposed to call me. May not even have this job anymore, and it's not even my fault.

It sometimes sends two or three different emails.

HR will always call you before an orientation unless they suck at their job
well, the one where I live sucks at their job because they didn't call me.

well, the one where I live sucks at their job because they didn't call me.

Incompetence on the employer's end is conflicting. I was trying to nail a Car Sales job a bit ago this summer and they wanted to interview me, I'm like yippee! I reply, no reply for 9 days. I tried to reach them about 2-3 times before I finally got "Thank you for your perserverence, we can interview Thursday at 1pm!" and I'm like "slick"

Well, we interviewed. I haven't heard back in about over a month now, but the position is still open, so that means either some really shitty people like me are applying, or they're not actually hiring... just stockpiling applications until they actually need a Car salesman. Whatever, but if you really want a job, I believe you should continue to try. Q4 starts this month and stores are getting acclimated to it, there might be a lot going on in your particular store. We just went 3 quarters with nothing particularly interesting happening, then you get a huge influx in hours, and work loads, double trucks, LOTS of new hires, etc etc etc I could go on.

I'd maintain contact with the store, at the beginning my store was unsure of when the orientation would be, due to group size being too small and just trying to schedule a good time to do it. For the most part, orientation will be scheduled when a new schedule is out for the store so they can make time for it, instead of cramming it in on a random Wednesday or Thursday when the schedule has been set and you're most likely doing store things. The person who does orientation is the ETL-HR or GE, so they're usually busy every shift. At least that's how it is at my store, it's our ETL-HR, I know someone's probably about to correct me so I'll say it... ASANTS(all stores are not the same)

Yes, they should have called you with the date and time! I always call twice, first time when I have a date and time and second time a day before as a reminder! I assume that you still have the job but that you will have to wait for the next orientation. We are having a big hiring event on the weekend so the next Orientation is probably soon. I would call them next Monday at the latest and ask about the Orientation to make sure you get are able to attend the next one. At my store we will be doing 2-3 Orientations because we don't have the room for 30+ people in our conference room where we hold orientations.

@Emilie Have you not read any of the responses?

The hiring system forces HR to put a date, even though they don't actually have a date set up yet, and then it automatically sends you an email with that date. They haven't called you yet because they still don't have a date yet. They need to wait for your background check to clear and until they have enough new hires to hold an orientation.

Calm down and be patient.

not fired, just gonna have to wait for the next orientation which should be in a couple of weeks they said. as long as they didn't fire me, i'm fine with it. this is my first job so it's important they don't think poorly of me.

@Emilie Have you not read any of the responses?

The hiring system forces HR to put a date, even though they don't actually have a date set up yet, and then it automatically sends you an email with that date. They haven't called you yet because they still don't have a date yet. They need to wait for your background check to clear and until they have enough new hires to hold an orientation.

Calm down and be patient.
they already cleared me, they told me on the phone. and it was difficult for me to calm down because this is my first job and i'm fairly young. i did read the responses, and yes they were helpful.

not fired, just gonna have to wait for the next orientation which should be in a couple of weeks they said. as long as they didn't fire me, i'm fine with it. this is my first job so it's important they don't think poorly of me.

So did you miss the orientation or has it not happened yet?

So did you miss the orientation or has it not happened yet?
I did miss the orientation, but they told me as soon as there's another one in a week or two they will call me. I'm probably going to call on Friday just to make sure that there isn't one on the 16th. The manager said HR was supposed to call me and when I told them I didn't get a call and an email late, they apologized, Not fired, just going to start later than I anticipated on. I stressed that I would have been there in a heartbeat if they called me and if I didn't get the email notification not on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back