Archived Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wanting to leave Target, but I’m scared I won’t find anything that is decent enough. Modernization and the hours drive me nuts. My body can’t handle waking up at 2:30am. What to do?

Scared you won't something else decent? Even in my state, which tends to lag in economic recovery when things pick up, lots of companies are hiring. Check out one or more of the online job sites - Glassdoor and Indeed are better, I think, than Monster or Career Builder. If you're getting up at 2:30 a.m., you must have a substantial part of the 8-5 hours open when you could schedule interviews. Get your information together, update your resume and upload it to job sites, fill out online applications. There are lots of jobs out there.

op is also all over the target subreddit and allegedly has severe anxiety

op: i have a feeling most jobs are going to stress you out in a similar manner until you get a better handle on your anxiety, but if waking up at 2:30am is truly the crux of the problem then switch to a different work center where that's not necessary or find a different job where the hours suit your schedule better. target is not the be all and end all of retail, and there are plenty of other similar opportunities out there.

Awww come on dont pick on them..when i first came on here i vented and people tried to attack me. I get it can be annoying and having extreme anxiety myself it is easier sometimes to come onto a forum where people understand to a degree what its like and especially how the job is.

But yeah, start looking for a new job even though thats stressful and puts anxiety on high alert but dont leave until you have something else lined up. Good luck!

op is also all over the target subreddit and allegedly has severe anxiety

op: i have a feeling most jobs are going to stress you out in a similar manner until you get a better handle on your anxiety, but if waking up at 2:30am is truly the crux of the problem then switch to a different work center where that's not necessary or find a different job where the hours suit your schedule better. target is not the be all and end all of retail, and there are plenty of other similar opportunities out there.
That was very understanding and kind. I was annoyed by all the drama at first, now i’m feeling bad for not being more empathetic.

That was very understanding and kind. I was annoyed by all the drama at first, now i’m feeling bad for not being more empathetic.

Lol when I was a supervisor for a dept store before target I had a young girl on my team with super bad anxiety similar to OP. She was an incredible worker in the right environment but in the wrong one she froze up. This just reminds me of that tbh.

Awww come on dont pick on them..when i first came on here i vented and people tried to attack me. I get it can be annoying and having extreme anxiety myself it is easier sometimes to come onto a forum where people understand to a degree what its like and especially how the job is.

But yeah, start looking for a new job even though thats stressful and puts anxiety on high alert but dont leave until you have something else lined up. Good luck!
Thank you for the empathy. It was hurtful when people were attacking me when I was just wanting to seek advice fork
Lol when I was a supervisor for a dept store before target I had a young girl on my team with super bad anxiety similar to OP. She was an incredible worker in the right environment but in the wrong one she froze up. This just reminds me of that tbh.
Should I quit?

There was a cat forum I was on that had a member who was always posting how she was being treated unfairly at her job. She had worked there for years but all the managers had been trying to fire her for all those years. She never knew why, just they would ping her for talking wrong. Of course the question of how she stayed employed when all the managers were trying to fire her was never addressed.

Point of the story, she was offered a nice severance package. She was already looking for work elsewhere. But she didn't want to take the severance package because she knew they would tell everyone she was fired once she left and she wanted everyone to know she quit by saying no to the package and leaving directly to a new job. (No, I am not exaggerating on her thought process.) Everyone, literally everyone was telling her to take the money and run.

One day I logged in and she, as usual, was dithering on what to do and was asking for advice on what to do. The next six posts were six different people telling her to take the severance package, screw the rumors. Below that she posted another don't know what to do, someone please advise, as if those six posts didn't exist.

@kittykat99, look at the above and recognize it's a mirror. You've gotten a lot of advice saying the same thing and beyond all reason you are ignoring it all.

Don't be LTS3. Don't ignore everyone to dither in your mind.

Should I quit?

only you can answer that, my dude. like i said, if it's only the early morning hours that are a problem then it's worth checking to see if you can switch to a different work center with later start times before you up and quit. i understand you're struggling with anxiety, but you absolutely cannot go through your life using the internet as a crutch for making decisions about your own future. why does my opinion or the opinion of anyone else here matter more than yours? be proactive and trust yourself a little more.

only you can answer that, my dude. like i said, if it's only the early morning hours that are a problem then it's worth checking to see if you can switch to a different work center with later start times before you up and quit. i understand you're struggling with anxiety, but you absolutely cannot go through your life using the internet as a crutch for making decisions about your own future. why does my opinion or the opinion of anyone else here matter more than yours? be proactive and trust yourself a little more.
the thing is, i’ve called it an amount because of anxiety so i don’t think they like me anymore

What accommodations have you asked for and are in place?
I tried asking if i could switch my schedule to later but inbound is so understaffed they need me to stay on inbound. i’m unhappy there and i’ve called out a lot because of my anxiety.

Did you ask for an accommodation? Or a schedule change? If they could not give you your requested accommodation, what did they do instead to meet your needs?

Did you ask for an accommodation? Or a schedule change? If they could not give you your requested accommodation, what did they do instead to meet your needs?
Nothing. just said it wasn’t possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back