Archived Helping out other stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone!
I was recently asked to help out at another store for a couple weeks and this store is out of state so I’m not sure what to expect. I was told target would cover the hotel and transportation but I was wondering if that meant paying for a flight or maybe getting a gas card? Does target typically put us in single rooms or roommates? Are meals covered?

Any information/experiences shared would be appreciated!

Another State? Are you an ETL or above? That’s surprising. It goes through a certain system for mileage I’m not sure about other expenses.

Another State? Are you an ETL or above? That’s surprising. It goes through a certain system for mileage I’m not sure about other expenses.

No, I’m a sales floor team member. The store is still considered in our district but it’s about an hour and a half/two hours away.

Why would you take a flight to a store an hour away? You will probably be placed with roommates and I doubt all meals would be paid for. You should be able to submit a mileage reiumbursement form for miles traveled, but actual travel time won’t be paid.

This could all be wrong if it’s a very special circumstance though, your HR can get you specifics.

A flight? For a store possibly 2 hours away? Why wouldn’t you just drive?

Reactions: Dog
Went to handful different Target stores past an hour and half to two hours and worked there at least 10 hours then came back home same day. No hotel, no foods expense (only target provide craps foods) they will pay you only milages if you are driving your own vehicle. Carpool will get no pay at all while travel to other store(s). I quit going other target stores many years ago.

I helped out in multiple stores also,this was years ago and I was always paid millage and for time travelling,this ended when I was told I could only have one or the other,so I refused to go any more after that,never had to stay overnight though.

I-think they provide daily,round trip ,helicopter rides, for sales floor TMs ,who have to ,travel ,that, far.

Ps. Is it 1 hour away or 2?

This could be a store opening, a fill-in for an understaffed team, remodel, district training event, or something on the line. I had a store that received store support during a remodel and holiday seasons.

Make sure you get all the info on this situation from your leadership as every district and project is different.

Travel - Will be covered in mileage reimbursement; being within your district it will be driving your own car and you will be commuting everyday. Keep track of your mileage; especially, from your home store to your destination store & back.
Hotel - If they do provide hotel accommodations (usually only provided for out of district travel), they will arrange a hotel for you or reimburse you up to a maximum amount per night.
Flight - Ha...If only you are an ETL/DTL.
Meals - I believe are covered only during your working hours, or none at all. Others meals are on your own dime.

I think there is a special pay for other store support.

Keep all receipts and records. Anything not reimbursed by Target can be used on your taxes as a business expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back