Archived Hey y’all 👋🏾

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hired Wednesday and will be working in “pick up”. I keep wanting to call it site to store. 🤦🏾‍♀️😂 My mother works for spot’s competitor, they wear blue and khaki. I found this site on Wednesday because I started googling about orientation. I’ve read every orientation thread on here. My orientation is coming up on Tuesday morning. I was told to wear red and khaki. I’m interested in seeing the video(anti union) that everyone wrote about. I hope to post more as the weeks go by. I’ll definitely ask questions on the clock and here. I found the gamer and Doctor Who thread; I’ll definitely be in there. Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself.
- Jodie Landon

*Also, Jodie Landon is a character from mtv’s Daria.*

Wow. I’m impressed by your commitment, way to immerse yourself. You haven’t even had orientation yet and you’re researching. So unlike the new group in my store. All they ask about is : ‘when are my breaks’, ‘can I hold my phone while working’ and ‘why can’t I wear headphones?’ Asking the right questions to the right people is key. There will be a lot to learn, no shame in taking notes to remember it all. I have loved my time at spot, hope you do to. A positive attitude make all things better, don’t get sucked in with the complainers, they should just leave. Best of luck to be kept for permanent with your drive to jump in and get started before you even start!

Wow. I’m impressed by your commitment, way to immerse yourself. You haven’t even had orientation yet and you’re researching. So unlike the new group in my store. All they ask about is : ‘when are my breaks’, ‘can I hold my phone while working’ and ‘why can’t I wear headphones?’ Asking the right questions to the right people is key. There will be a lot to learn, no shame in taking notes to remember it all. I have loved my time at spot, hope you do to. A positive attitude make all things better, don’t get sucked in with the complainers, they should just leave. Best of luck to be kept for permanent with your drive to jump in and get started before you even start!

Thank you so much! I love being prepared and knowing what I’m getting myself into.

Welcome!!

Save yourself the trouble of managing your discount card and download the Target app and put that in there and do everything with Wallet.

Have fun here and at your store!

I found this site on Wednesday because I started googling about orientation. I’ve read every orientation thread on here. My orientation is coming up on Tuesday morning. I was told to wear red and khaki. I’m interested in seeing the video(anti union) that everyone wrote about. I hope to post more as the weeks go by. I’ll definitely ask questions on the clock and here. I found the gamer and Doctor Who thread; I’ll definitely be in there. Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself.
- Jodie Landon

*Also, Jodie Landon is a character from mtv’s Daria.*

Welcome Jodie! :)

They scrapped the anti-union propaganda video some years ago. It was basically just them talking about how you don't need to be in a union because your leaders can take care of all your concerns. I am glad that they got rid of the video. It was cringey.

Last edited:
original.gif

welcome!! I’ve been with target for 2 months so far and I’m struggling with my LOD who is a complete asshole who always has to be right. My advice when you come in contact with someone like this in leadership (and you will) is to just take a deep breath and keep your mouth shut. Better to not respond at all than to respond with harsh words or attitude. I made that mistake and I regret it now because I fear it will effect my hours somehow. If one leader doesn’t like you they tell HR and manage to cut your hours over some bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back