Archived Hi everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I'm 19 and I recently got hired as a part-time seasonal team member in hardlines. I'm willing to put the effort of becoming a permanent team member. I never had retail experience in my life but I had sales/financial experience as a financial advisor/insurance agent.

Any tips when starting out in target? :)

Last edited:
Welcome! Ck out our guides under salesfloor or use search function for more info. Don't call out & learn everything.

Welcome! Ck out our guides under salesfloor or use search function for more info. Don't call out & learn everything.
Thanks Hardlinesmaster! :)

I'm just wondering, if I have a conflict with anything business related (Research Focus Study, appointment with client, Leadership Training), is there a way to move the hours of the schedule without calling out? For example, if I'm participating in a focus study that starts at 10AM and the work shift is from 9AM-5PM, is there a way to make up the hours?

Last edited:
Most, if not all, stores have a form at TSC, the desk near where you punch in, called the swap sheet. You can write down the times and dates of shifts you need to be covered, and anyone that's looking for more hours can sign up to take the shift. Other than that, there's really not much else you can do aside from asking around for a cover in person or calling out.

Also, a piece of friendly advice. If your avatar photo is a photo of yourself, I'd highly suggest you change it to something else. This website is not approved by Target corporate, and we all try to stay pretty much anonymous due to the risk of termination.

Welcome to Target and welcome to The Break Room. Enjoy the ride.

Most, if not all, stores have a form at TSC, the desk near where you punch in, called the swap sheet. You can write down the times and dates of shifts you need to be covered, and anyone that's looking for more hours can sign up to take the shift. Other than that, there's really not much else you can do aside from asking around for a cover in person or calling out.

Also, a piece of friendly advice. If your avatar photo is a photo of yourself, I'd highly suggest you change it to something else. This website is not approved by Target corporate, and we all try to stay pretty much anonymous due to the risk of termination.

Welcome to Target and welcome to The Break Room. Enjoy the ride.
Thanks Alot!!

Welcome to the red 'hood.
Yeh, the only folks who use their own pix are the ones who no longer work for spot.

Also, a piece of friendly advice. If your avatar photo is a photo of yourself, I'd highly suggest you change it to something else. This website is not approved by Target corporate, and we all try to stay pretty much anonymous due to the risk of termination

Definitely change your avatar, never know whose watching!! Also welcome!!

Welcome to The Break Room.

I suspect the picture isn't the OP.

lmao guys i'll go ahead and change my avatar like you just said. You're pretty right about whos watching who.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back