hidden pros of target?

Hey all! I have my orientation this week & im pretty excited to say the least. Coming from somewhere I hated and have worked at malmart before so im happy to get back into a store ngl.

Tell me the hidden pros in your store.
I wanna know if you collect anything they sell do you kind of get first dibs since you most likely see it first, etc. Im curious!

Hey all! I have my orientation this week & im pretty excited to say the least. Coming from somewhere I hated and have worked at malmart before so im happy to get back into a store ngl.

I wanna know if you collect anything they sell do you kind of get first dibs since you most likely see it first, etc. Im curious!
I think everyone will have different ideas of pros, and I'm sure you'll hear a lot of cons. Make the decision for yourself and make your own judgements.

We do not get first dibs on anything especially collectables/hard to get items. Over the years I've seen many people get fired for holding, hiding or setting aside clearance and hot merchandise. Don't do it, everything has to be available for the guests first. If you know something is coming in on your day off or something and you come in and get it during normal business hours that's ok, but don't try to get fellow team members to do anything they shouldn't because it will be their job, not yours.

I think everyone will have different ideas of pros, and I'm sure you'll hear a lot of cons. Make the decision for yourself and make your own judgements.

We do not get first dibs on anything especially collectables/hard to get items. Over the years I've seen many people get fired for holding, hiding or setting aside clearance and hot merchandise. Don't do it, everything has to be available for the guests first. If you know something is coming in on your day off or something and you come in and get it during normal business hours that's ok, but don't try to get fellow team members to do anything they shouldn't because it will be their job, not yours.
ya i know not to shop while clocked in or to set aside items. by saying “dibs” i meant knowing when things come in and such :)

All items must be on the sales floor available for guests to purchase for 15 minutes before an employee can buy it.

Not so much in one store but Target is good about hiring a wide variety of folks especially in the LGBTQIA community.
I do have to give them credit for that.

Matching 401K up to 10%. Career development , free college tuition. 10-20% discount. Free food (check date to ensure not expired) diversity. Unlimited pens/markers/box cutters
They match up to 5% the default plan has YOU put in up to a 10% increase yearly by 1%.
I turned that off on mine, I only put what the company matches. Mine will only stay at a 5% match until the company matches more than 5% it's going to stay there.

Target legal way if you want first dibs on something is to stock the salesfloor shelves with it and wait 15 minutes during normal business hours.
After 15 mins on the floor, you can take your break/lunch and go buy it as a guest.
Once it sits on the floor for 15 mins all is good, guests have had time to buy whatever it is if they were waiting at the doors to buy it first thing.
Just like @Ashfromoldsite said in their post.

Back