Archived Hired as sales floor seasonal, but want to move to electronics and a regular spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hired as seasonal and I want to move to electronics. I've been back there multiple times and I even have been scheduled back there. I want to become a regular employe. How long does a seasonal person stay with the company before they let you go? I have already talked to our HR and she/he told me basically that we are not going to be kept. But we can always reapply. How to get into electronics at a different store? Is there any certification that I can do to make myself look better? Sorry for all the questions, I want to get backroom certified today while I'm at work. Thanks for any insite.

Even if you're kept you can't be cross-trained for anything else until after your 90 days. If you've been a model employee but they just don't have a spot for you, reapply after business picks up again as you have the experience now.

As far as the certification question .. I have no clue.

Cool, thanks, I was just wondering because I really like it hear and I really like the people I work with. I talked to my TL Wednesday when I worked last and they said that I could do my certification for backroom today, so I hope I pass.

I can't imagine why you would ever want to leave sales floor, I mean zoning and making the backroom team do all your pulls is so much fun.

/end sarcasm

I don't really want to leave the salesfloor, I just want to mainly be in Electronics. It seams like every time I am back there I always get attachments and service plans and red cards, and guest survey's. i just want to be certified in different departments so I can pick up shifts and or go support them when I am done with my work. Is there anything else that I should get certified in?

get certified in gs, fa, ca, chemical spills, prfresh & pharmacy. more hours for you & your training meter.
the biggest plus for br certified is logistics & being the only salesfloor tm/tl at night outside of br to pull items for guests correctly, etc..

What Is ca? and I want to be certified in br, I'm going to work on br today and see if I can take the test today. I will also bring up chemical spills as well. Do these certifications last forever or how long to they last?

Sorry dude, but if your HR is saying seasonal TMs won't be kept - no amount of training is going to help. If you have an expiration date, nobody is going to spend their time to train you.

I know that my chances of staying are REALLY SLIM if any, but I will reapply and I just want to be ready for when the time comes. But how long does your certification last or do you have to redo them?

ca is cart attendant. wait before you ask for extra training & see if you get to stay on. yes, you will have retake tests.

Here is my advice. Work your butt off. Do everything you can to make a name for yourself and get recognized. When they call to see if you can cover a shift, do your best to get there, even if you can only cover part of the shift. Always come to work with a positive attitude and try your best to make friends with your fellow team members both in electronics and sales floor. Be extremely guest focused. Ask CIHYFS with every guest, because you never know who is watching or listening. If you do get let go and you end up reapplying and you made a really great impression the first time around they are not only going to remember you, but the work you did and how helpful you were and they will definitely hire you back! I have seen this happen several times and I have personally asked, literally last week, if a new team member could be kept on after her 90 days because she is so amazing and they have already decided to keep her and she's only been there for about 6 weeks! Good luck!

Thank you Barisa05 you truly gave me hope, I just love the Target atmosphere and I love the people that I work with, they treat you like family at my store. I'm going to talk to my TL/LOD today because she wasn't there yesterday to go ahead and get backroom certified. I want to defenetly be with this company for a long time. I want to eventually move up to a TL/LOD/Trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back