Archived Hired Oct 13th and still no call

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was hired as a seasonal cashier after 2 very long days of open interviews... Spent like 5 hours there the first day of open interviews watching everyone get called back before me before I finally got up and asked what was going on and found out my paperwork was lost... Scheduled me an interview the next day where I bypassed the lines and was hired after my 2nd interview.

2 weeks later I get a call that my background check and everything went through fine and they'd give me another call soon about orientation. Ive since called numerous times and even went up and physically spoke to the manager and each time nobody even asks my name or anything and basically brushes me off... So here I am jobless and have missed many open interview opportunities during the holidays where I could have been hired and I've basically been screwed. Any ideas as to whats going on?

Yeah... if you applied for a seasonal job and waited more than 2 weeks to start, then you didn't pass muster at some point. Unless you're in CA, you likely are screwed.

So I was hired as a seasonal cashier after 2 very long days of open interviews... Spent like 5 hours there the first day of open interviews watching everyone get called back before me before I finally got up and asked what was going on and found out my paperwork was lost... Scheduled me an interview the next day where I bypassed the lines and was hired after my 2nd interview.

2 weeks later I get a call that my background check and everything went through fine and they'd give me another call soon about orientation. Ive since called numerous times and even went up and physically spoke to the manager and each time nobody even asks my name or anything and basically brushes me off... So here I am jobless and have missed many open interview opportunities during the holidays where I could have been hired and I've basically been screwed. Any ideas as to whats going on?

The reality is that you probably got lost in the madness. I know it's no consolation to read that. Between hiring everyone else and all the other craziness, they've misplaced you. I'm sorry it happened.

Two months later and you are still waiting to hear from them? You should have moved on a while ago.

You’re screwed.

Why did you not go to other interviews? Especially after the first brush off?

I'm going to wade in here. I agree with you that the OP probably should have gone to other interviews.

But, on the other hand, the OP made the assumption Target is a professional organization that wouldn't hire someone, string them along, never schedule them or even bother to call, and then silence. Worse, to brush the OP off when called about it.

Target is clearly not the kind of place, any more at least, where you can find respect or professionalism. Sad.

I'm going to wade in here. I agree with you that the OP probably should have gone to other interviews.

But, on the other hand, the OP made the assumption Target is a professional organization that wouldn't hire someone, string them along, never schedule them or even bother to call, and then silence. Worse, to brush the OP off when called about it.

Target is clearly not the kind of place, any more at least, where you can find respect or professionalism. Sad.
That’s a pretty broad brush you’re using there. Disgruntled much?

You might have better luck applying at a different location whose HR/leadership have their shit together. Clearly, this location is a hot disorganized mess and I wouldn't trust them to not botch up my pay, benefits, scheduling, training, and so on.
My thoughts exactly. Don’t take it personally OP, I wouldn’t want to work for a store that’s as disorganized as that one seems.

That’s a pretty broad brush you’re using there. Disgruntled much?

I've seen a steady decline in the overall professionalism in the company over the last 15 years. Do you disagree?

I'm not saying other companies are better or worse.

Deciding you want a specific person gone and obliterating their schedule down to 4 hours a week to force them out instead of following the company standards of coaching and corrective action is low.

I've seen a steady decline in the overall professionalism in the company over the last 15 years. Do you disagree?

I'm not saying other companies are better or worse.

Deciding you want a specific person gone and obliterating their schedule down to 4 hours a week to force them out instead of following the company standards of coaching and corrective action is low.
It cuts down on paperwork. Is it wrong? I don’t know. Does it work? Yes.

Treat jobs like a relationship.

She stops letting you take her on dates? Bye.
You stop getting scheduled for hours? Bye.

Says she wants to be your girlfriend but doesn't even make an attempt to reach you? Nope.
Hires you but won't schedule you? Nope.

Best of luck in your search of jobs and significant others, friend.

This is exactly what happened. Up until the 2 days before Thanksgiving, which is the last time I spoke with someone (the manager). And the fact alot of you think I have not since applied else where is silly... I guess it needed to be said? Now did I go to other open interviews, no. Because I was HIRED... so not knowing this was going to be my experience how would I have known to do so? I thought I had a job and was led to believe that up until thanksgiving time when I was told they were still doing orientation through December. Im also a full time college student so I wasnt interested in taking on more than one job and school.

Treat jobs like a relationship.

She stops letting you take her on dates? Bye.
You stop getting scheduled for hours? Bye.

Says she wants to be your girlfriend but doesn't even make an attempt to reach you? Nope.
Hires you but won't schedule you? Nope.

Best of luck in your search of jobs and significant others, friend.

I have a significant other and thats alot of why this is stressful for us. But thanks.👍

The point of posting was simply to see what the experience has been at other stores and if anyone went through something similar. I even hear from friends this store actually did another orientation last week. Thanks anyways guys.

The saying around here is ASANTS.
All Stores Are Not The Same
You got a truly sucky one.
They may have had their HR TM (the person who does the real work in that department) bail just after you were hired.
Who knows.
Sorry you got screwed like that.
Hope you can find a new job in a much better place.

The reality is that you probably got lost in the madness. I know it's no consolation to read that. Between hiring everyone else and all the other craziness, they've misplaced you. I'm sorry it happened.

OR it was a test and you failed. Weed out the ones who don't follow through.

It cuts down on paperwork. Is it wrong? I don’t know. Does it work? Yes.

I guess it's easy to be blasé about it until something like that happens to you. You've worked for the company for years, good reviews, but the new STL doesn't like you. Then you notice your hours slowly going down. The cowards don't even have the spine of a jellyfish to tell you to your face. Pathetic.

Yeah... if you applied for a seasonal job and waited more than 2 weeks to start, then you didn't pass muster at some point. Unless you're in CA, you likely are screwed.
I started seasonally and my orientation was a month later. They were waiting until they had more people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back