Archived Hiring event

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is your store setting up for the hiring event?
Where are they doing first interviews? Where are they doing second interviews?

My ETL HR is not very on the ball and I don't want to look stupid and not be prepared. I would appreciate any help or insight.

Really hiring those guests that shop on Saturday, they are the ones that leave reshop everywhere.
How the hell, will they be able to put reshop away when they cannot do it on their own.

Yeah almost nobody who shops at our store would want to or need to work at Target.

HRzone do you have anything you can tell me about the question I asked?

We plan to have a TL doing the screening and HR pulling the apps and prepping the packets. Anyone who passes screening will be sent to Tsc where we will have chairs for them. Two ETL offices will be used for first interviews and two for the second. And then HR ETL will be doing job offers in their office.

No idea what my store has planned but I am fairly sure that weekend is gonna be a shit show with all of management busy doing interviews.

Anyone else have any suggestions? I feel likes this is gonna be a huge mess

Anyone else have any suggestions? I feel likes this is gonna be a huge mess
It is, but if applicants can't smile and get through it they wouldn't last long anyway...

...we've got the training room set aside for stuff, people just to lead them there and back to tsc, etc. It will be interesting. If anyone steals crap off my desk I'm going to lose it...

In my store, we're doing the following:
  • HR pre-screens JAS applicants and walk-ins
    • Location: HR area and hiring kiosk (which is where the national hire stuff is for us)
    • Give them the boot if they don't fit hiring needs
  • After the pre-screen, deliver applicants to TLs for first interviews
  • Anyone that makes it to a second interview goes to one of the ETLs in the building
As an aside, tell the applicants they aren't a good fit for the store's current needs if they aren't. Our (E)TLs have a bad habit of saying "we'll give you a call in a week," which prompts people to call us back and waste our time (and theirs).

So about this hiring event... I was sent an email titled "Interview" requesting that I come in during the event. Am I guaranteed at least a first interview?

Also, I'm at work today and tomorrow have a family event and can't make it to my local store until about 3 or 4 in the afternoon on Saturday. I realize that's near the end of the whole "event". Will that diminish my chances of getting an offer? Like is it possible they would have already filled all their salesfloor positions for the time being?

FYI - I've always been called in for an interview and have never done a hiring event at Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back