Archived Hitting compliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I hit compliance, I'll take the coaching over someone adjusting my punches. I don't want anyone adjusting my punches but me.
Then there’s me, who has an outstanding agreement with HR where if I miss a punch or hit compliance, she makes it go away and tells me I owe her Starbucks the next day 😂

Then there’s me, who has an outstanding agreement with HR where if I miss a punch or hit compliance, she makes it go away and tells me I owe her Starbucks the next day 😂

If you can't ever be held accountable for your own punches, how can you be held accountable for business related things?

If we forget to do a punch which results in compliance, but once the missing punch is fixed it eliminates the compliance issue, will it show up on anything showing we had a violation?

If you can't ever be held accountable for your own punches, how can you be held accountable for business related things?
I’m sure many leaders on here can relate to the struggle of being a non exempt leader running a store which along with its guests, don’t care if it’s time to punch for lunch or not. Karen, who is ready to call guest relations to tell them my GSTM victimized them by denying their return, who then escalates things farther and calls my GSTM a bitch, and I’m now telling them if they are still in my store in 30 seconds, they’re trespassing, she doesn’t care if I need to punch out for my meal break. Hustling to get a bunch of vehicles off the floor before we open with a visit on the way because an asshole log leader thought they’d drag them to the floor for the openers to take care of? Yeah, it’s my ass way worse if the wrong people notice that. Closing, and there’s an issue with a fire door and we can’t leave until it’s sorted out? Oops. Walking a visit with the DTL and ops director? Let me leave halfway through that for lunch. Steritech visit right after I punched out for lunch; an hour and a half later, then what?

I’m not missing my punches or meals because I’m fucking around.

If we forget to do a punch which results in compliance, but once the missing punch is fixed it eliminates the compliance issue, will it show up on anything showing we had a violation?
Until it’s fixed and approved, it shows as a violation. Afterwards, it doesn’t. Daily compliance does show missed punches as well. Edited punches flag differently though, so it’s better to punch wrong then edit it, than to not punch. The time clock has start and end shift and meal buttons but they’re all just start stop on my time I believe so, I think you can ‘end meal’ to start your lunch later than you should have, ‘end meal’ to end it when it would have ended had you gone on time, then correct the first punch to the time you should have gone. Then sit and enjoy the rest of your lunch that you still are owed.

This is all very bad advice, don’t take any of this as advice or pointers lol. Just putting it out there as possible 😝

Until it’s fixed and approved, it shows as a violation. Afterwards, it doesn’t. Daily compliance does show missed punches as well. Edited punches flag differently though, so it’s better to punch wrong then edit it, than to not punch. The time clock has start and end shift and meal buttons but they’re all just start stop on my time I believe so, I think you can ‘end meal’ to start your lunch later than you should have, ‘end meal’ to end it when it would have ended had you gone on time, then correct the first punch to the time you should have gone. Then sit and enjoy the rest of your lunch that you still are owed.

This is all very bad advice, don’t take any of this as advice or pointers lol. Just putting it out there as possible 😝
I forgot to punch out for a meal but I submitted a correction before I left for the day, but it wasnt approved until the following day. Unless I get a talking to in the next few days I'll just assume all is good

I forgot to punch out for a meal but I submitted a correction before I left for the day, but it wasnt approved until the following day. Unless I get a talking to in the next few days I'll just assume all is good
You should be fine if you don’t do it often. You didn’t hit compliance. They can tell if there’s a single meal punch if it’s actually a compliance or not with a little simple math 👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back