Hitting my fifth hour for the first time

So I hit my fifth hour for the first time. I was scheduled 2-10pm but I’m used to clocking in at 3pm so I thought my lunch would be at 7pm but I remembered I clocked in at 2pm. The punched in at 7:02pm and I’m really nervous what they will do.

lol same story. i hit it twice, on one day, and 2 days later because i was off that next day. they swapped my hours is why i got confused. they made me sign for one day but for some reason never let me sign the 2nd one.

I got a CA for meal even though I was in the middle of a legitimate emergency. It’s a formality, don’t make it a habit.

One of my coworkers has hit compliance 4 times in her first few weeks. I’m pretty sure she got written up but they certainly haven’t fired her. She’s in a department where we are desperate for people so maybe they cut her some slack.

First time you should be fine . They will talk about it to you and will say don’t repeat it . I don’t think you have to sign anything . It happened to me once and I just got a talk .

What I would recommend for hitting your fifth is not clocking out for lunch but setting a 45 minute timer from 6:58 and then clocking in from lunch and doing a punch correction this has been unofficially recommended in my store.

What I would recommend for hitting your fifth is not clocking out for lunch but setting a 45 minute timer from 6:58 and then clocking in from lunch and doing a punch correction this has been unofficially recommended in my store.
This is timeclock fraud and you can be termed for it

That was standard procedure at my store, too, with a wink and a nod from some of the senior leadership.
This is timeclock fraud and you can be termed for it
True. Better to follow the rules even when leadership recommends ways around them, since it’s not their butts on the line if anything goes wrong. Our leadership apparently cared more about covering the store’s butt than ours, and if some poor TM got caught and had to suffer the consequences to make the store look good to District, I doubt that these leaders would have sacrificed themselves to save them.

First time offense is no big deal a TL or ETL will likely say something like "Hey, I see you hit compliance." And then give you a quick reminder about meals and tell you not to do it again.

Back