Archived Holiday hours (softlines)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Softlines TM, how many hours do you usually get during the holiday season (particularly thanksgiving and december/january)?

At my store, anyone who wants to be is at 40+ hours. I personally had several weeks at around 50. I'm mostly softlines but dabble in other areas.

Out softlines TMs are getting 30 minimum we have had some attrition. They pretty much can work when they want to.

Ah ok, I've been getting 30+ hrs this month but thats mostly because I've taken cashier shifts so I was wondering if Softlines usually get more hours during holidays since they've already started hiring seasonal cashiers...as for softlines shifts i've been getting less than 11 hrs per week so far. I'm hoping that changes this upcoming season.

I think I'm pretty much going to work during thanksgiving/black friday/etc....eventhough i dont want to....but the paycheck is going to be sweet so.... ugh.

Ah ok, I've been getting 30+ hrs this month but thats mostly because I've taken cashier shifts so I was wondering if Softlines usually get more hours during holidays since they've already started hiring seasonal cashiers...as for softlines shifts i've been getting less than 11 hrs per week so far. I'm hoping that changes this upcoming season.

I think I'm pretty much going to work during thanksgiving/black friday/etc....eventhough i dont want to....but the paycheck is going to be sweet so.... ugh.

At my store, yes, during the holidays there are a lot more softlines hours. Most of my coworkers will be at 35+. I get over 40, because I work a lot of different work centers and am usually one of the first people asked to pick up extra shifts, including cashier, hardlines, and for special projects (last year I came in for extra hours just to work on cleaning up the backroom).

As for the working thansgiving and black friday...do you mean you're given a choice at your store? At my store, everyone works. If you manage to get part of that weekend off, then you got lucky. Even our tms who only work weekday daytime shifts are working Thanksgiving night into Black Friday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back