Archived Holiday pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! How much do we get paid if we work on midnight Friday? I thought it was time and a half but I was told from the person in HR that from 12am-6am (Friday) it's only additional dollar? (Well, she said first that it was time and a half then said it was only $1 dollar added to the standard rate. So I don't know which one is right.)

Hm so working on Thursday night until Midnight is time and a half, correct? And then after midnight it drops to just the additional dollar?

It's possible that it's different from store to store, but I was told that we get an extra dollar per hour from noon on Thanksgiving until 8am Black Friday. And then you also get time and a half on Thanksgiving and you will get the overnight differential from 10pm-8am as long as you work at least 3 full hours during that time. So anyone working 5:30pm Thanksgiving until 2am Black Friday is going to make a lot - the hours between 10pm-midnight will be time and a half plus $2.

It's possible that it's different from store to store
Somewhere on the Q4 page of workbench there is an outline of all of the holiday pay incentives, so it should be standard across the company.

Your explanation sounds about right though. I just wish the extra dollar per hour was all day on BF, just like it usually is on certain weekends close to Christmas.

just wish the extra dollar per hour was all day on BF, just

I am pretty sure it is. I will post the actual holiday pay when I go back in. There are some other random days with SD

Goddamnit, I am so pissed that I'm the only one from Softlines not working on thanksgiving >.< even the new seasonals have shifts.

Tm handbook:
Understanding Holiday Pay and overtime. Non-exempt team members who do not work on the Target-observed holiday will only receive Holiday Pay for that day if they are eligible. Non- exempt team members who work on the Target-observed holiday will receive both Holiday Pay and Holiday premium pay for that day if they are eligible.

Only actual hours worked will be included in an overtime calculation. If a non-exempt team member receives Holiday Pay, but did not work any hours on a holiday, no hours will be included in any overtime calculation.

When are holiday hours observed for Stores? Holiday hours run from 12:00 a.m. until 11:59 p.m. on the date of the Target-observed holiday.

Other considerations:

•  When a recognized Target-observed holiday falls within a team member’s requested vacation time, that day is treated as a holiday and not a vacation day. The team member will not submit vacation time for the day the holiday is observed.

•  If you are on a leave of absence and a holiday occurs during the leave, you are not eligible for Holiday Pay.

•  myTime will automatically apply Holiday Pay on a team member’s Timesheet based on whether the team member works at a building type that has a five or seven day work week.

Exactly, confirmed with my ETL HR
I wish there was some way to view what we got paid at each hour. Like a combination time card and pay stub. I looked at my pay stub from last Thanksgiving and there were 6 different types of pay on there, including 2 lines listed as "overtime" but at different pay rates.

I got 4.75 hours tonight. I'm kind of pissed that I didn't get the 6pm to 2am shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back