Home Depot?

Hey, guys, I know I haven't been around in a while. Hopefully you're all doing well.

I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with Home Depot compared to Spot? Specifically their Fulfillment team compared to OPU/SFS? Turns out my local one may be hiring for it.. and since I genuinely loved fulfillment, I'm curious about it.

Anybody with comparisons of the two?

Or any suggestions of other places with similar fulfillment departments?

Last edited:
keep in mind, some orders require you to lift sheetrock, cement, cabinet, tiles , lumber etc.
Its a much more relaxed environment, infs are not frowned upon, if HD is out of stock or you can’t find an item, they call the customer and offer alternatives.
There is BOPIS (buy online pick up in store) aka OPU
There is also “delivery” aka “SFS” and that requires you to build pallets, strap lumber, stack bricks, mulch, cement and other heavy building materials. It’s pretty labor intensive.
You are also expected to fetch staged items from receiving, and other hold locations, these items include but not limited to doors, bathtubs, vanities, cement, bricks, mulch etc.

About 50% of the time you are looking for someone with a lift/reach license to get stuff down from high locations.

TLDR; its a lot like Target fulfillment, with the addition of very heavy merchandise and less micromanaging.

keep in mind, some orders require you to lift sheetrock, cement, cabinet, tiles , lumber etc.
Its a much more relaxed environment, infs are not frowned upon, if HD is out of stock or you can’t find an item, they call the customer and offer alternatives.
There is BOPIS (buy online pick up in store) aka OPU
There is also “delivery” aka “SFS” and that requires you to build pallets, strap lumber, stack bricks, mulch, cement and other heavy building materials. It’s pretty labor intensive.
You are also expected to fetch staged items from receiving, and other hold locations, these items include but not limited to doors, bathtubs, vanities, cement, bricks, mulch etc.

About 50% of the time you are looking for someone with a lift/reach license to get stuff down from high locations.

TLDR; its a lot like Target fulfillment, with the addition of very heavy merchandise and less micromanaging.

Thank you so much for this! It's great information. As far as the heavy lifting, I assumed it might be kind of similar to picking ship alones all day. Would BOPIS & Delivery typically fall onto the same team or might there be people who only work one or the other?

And would the team member usually be the one to stop and call the customer for alternatives amidst picking other orders?

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this! It's great information. As far as the heavy lifting, I assumed it might be kind of similar to picking ship alones all day. Would BOPIS & Delivery typically fall onto the same team or might there be people who only work one or the other?

And would the team member usually be the one to stop and call the customer for alternatives amidst picking other orders?
Typically BOPIS and delivery has dedicated associates, all fulfillment associates know how to do BOPIS, but there’s extra training for delivery. You will start off doing BOPIS but if you show initiative you might be considered for delivery (so, don’t).
Hand stacking 100+ pressure treated 4x4, or decking is exhausting. Some of the pallets you build for delivery are awkward. There’s more freedom doing deliveries, on BOPIS you are just the service desk bitch.
During my time at HD, the service desk supervisor would call to offer alternatives to customers.

Apply at the post office too or Fedex. Call centers are places you might wanna look into. Temp jobs can turn into permanent ones try that. Use work force. I'm just glad you didn't go back to the spot.

I don’t have any specific info to compare OPU/SFS between Spot and Home Depot, but a friend worked at Home Depot and was treated well and very happy there. May be ASANTS, but hours were consistent, and were not cut when sales dropped. Good luck!

Very relaxed work environment.. Home Depot associates are for the most part knowledgeable about the department they work in.
Plumbing guy helped me find a flange and explained what it was.
Management was laid back as well, a little too much at times.
Good company overall.

Back