Archived Honeymoon's Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cel

Jack of All Trades
Saw a memo from higher up today that says that redcard prompts will be returning within a few days. New MO is to only ask guests when prompted or upon guest request. Said same memo was full of tips on how to empathetic and apologetic about the whole mess and to focus on the benefits and etc.

So as the title says, our redcard vacation is ending.

I find this hard to believe, my average day is between 6-8 red-cards until last week... now I am lucky if I get one! people are very upset, most of my customer use cash now, and its 7-8 hours of me hearing " is it ok to use my card" or people just venting at me over the whole issue!

Oh I hardly agree with the thought behind it, just passing along the info so nobody gets surprised.

Seriously spot too soon... Too soon...... I get it I get it we need Redcards we need Redcards but with the constant stuff still hitting the interwebs and the news on the Credit Card situation yep too soon. Hasn't he heard the old situation let sleeping dogs lie?? The smart situation in this whole mess would be wait 2 months let things die down really really die down ( like all scandals) and then you can ask away for redcards but you just can't can't be asking for Redcards 1 month after the scandal you just can't and yes we get it is apart of our job.

What Team Red said.

And given that more merchants have been hit and this isn't going to die down...... This isn't going to go over well.

All you can do is hope that by then they will have announced which of the other stores were hacked and the pressure will be off Target.

Prompts come back on on Wednesday. They will also be adjusting (raising) the conversion score goal.
After the email hack stuff was announced - it was impossible to get Pharmacy rewards last week. Even with customers that were signed up - they wouldn't look them up.

I'm moving up to cashier - I guess one day without them will be nice.... but we have an older clientele, they just aren't going to go for it. UGH.

Maybe I *should* go learn Starbucks. (I hate coffee - including the smell of it!)

Only when prompted? That is useless, if you only ask when prompted expect your conversion to tank, its the guests you ask outside prompts that bring in the apps over here. As for raising the bar? I hope this brings backlash to the company, I am tired of them constantly pushing the stores. Everything this past quarter and with AE is starting to stack and will only drive the company morale to dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back