Archived Horrible Smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJH212

Electronics TM
Yesterday I was working in Electronics with another TM when a very strong oder of Marijuana creeped up. An LOD was walking up as we were smelling it and I pointed it out.
Just wondering if this happens a lot, if I followed the proper procedure, etc...
I had just walked back from the Seasonal and hadn't seen anyone doing anything illicit in the aisles, so it baffles me.

Yes, you did the right thing. I've had guests come through my lane smelling like marijuana and the scent literally makes me sick to my stomach. It isn't pleasant.

The OP talking to his LOD

The smell of burnt marijuana is probably worst. I can tolerate it's unsmoked scent, it's just skunky. But afterwards it's just nasty. I've smelled it on many customers and workers alike, hell, one of my co-workers smoked weed on his break on the side of our Target outside... and it's not even legal here in Minnesota. He did some questionable things in those 10 minutes. Me and him were walking to guest service to drop some esim off(we were cart attending) and he had just smoked, we walked into guest service, the guest service attendant was asking the other guest servence attendant who the GSTL was tonight, and he blurts out with no thought "I'm the GSTL" and everyone just looks at him, even the guests were like "The fuck?" Uncalled for and inappropriate.

This also happens to be the guy I ranted about here Policy on Crying?

I once saw a guy smoke some of that devil's lettuce and he ate so much ice cream I couldn't believe it!

I was sure he was gonna have a stomachache, but he just went to sleep.

It's an evil drug!!!

Reactions: NXT
Edibles people!

If a Co worker is stinky I would talk to them out of earshot of anyone else. "hey I dont care but others might" no judgment. It might be legal but at work still not cool on the clock.

Yeah, I couldn’t care less what someone does on their own time. The skunk smell just makes me nauseous.

Probably just a guest who smoked it recently. Probably came in for some snacks, heh.

Even if it weren't legal in my state, I'd still just ignore the smell. You only really need to inform someone (say... AP, perhaps) if you like... see someone lighting up inside the store or selling it to guests or something.

Otherwise, I'd say to just let it go. It's not your job to catch random potheads who wandered into the store because they're bored or hungry. They might smell bad, but unless they're actively doing something harmful to property or those around them, then the bottom line is that they're in the store increasing sales by purchasing something. Let 'em be.

There are two guys who ride the bus that must work in a local processing place.
On the days when it is raining really hard and I don't want to ride my bike I'll take the bus
I can be sitting on the bus with my eyes closed and know when they get on.

The entire bus smells like a combination someone who hasn't showered for weeks and twenty pounds of skunk weed that has been run through a blender.
I done harvesting and it is never that intense so they must be doing mass amounts.
The shops here in town are making good money and even running out of product sometimes so I'm sure they are keeping busy but it would be nice if their boss would invest in some showers at work.

Whoops, I think someone left the compactor door open ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back