Archived Hot Wheel Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys, quick question. Does anyone know if the first to market hot wheels we are releasing on Saturday have specific dpcis like the target exclusive funko pops? If so, what are they? Thanks in advance!

No, the hot wheels Target carries are all the same dpci regardless of individual car rarity or release date. To get around this for the event, I noticed a couple boxes that specified "raffle collector's cars" for the event date.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but what even is the hot wheels event? I noticed I’m scheduled to work it this Saturday but I have no idea what it is :rolleyes:

Reactions: TTB
They do not.

Attachments

• 9797249E-7F14-4DB5-A6E6-5C13585A6733.jpeg
    9797249E-7F14-4DB5-A6E6-5C13585A6733.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 77
@Dog
Apparently this website has the full breakdown for the event
Hot Wheels Event coming to TARGET, JUNE 16 (UPDATED 6/13) - https://orangetrackdiecast.com/2018/05/29/hot-wheels-event-coming-to-target-june-16/

"
UPDATE 6/13/2018 — Target stores received the following information pertaining to the event:

• Saturday, June 16 10AM to NOON
  • This is a 50th Anniversary Event
    • Will cater to both kids and collectors
  • Kids Event will consist of 4 stations around the store
    • Station 1 will be at the front of the store where there will be a dump bin and an employee handing out a free car to each kid and event map to guests and telling them about the event
    • Station 2 will be in toys: kids will be given a sticker sheet to decorate their free hot wheels
    • Station 3 also in toys: kids will play a guessing game of which decade a car is from
    • Station 4 also in toys: kids will be able to race their free car on a track
  • Collector Event starts at 11AM. Collectors will line up at electronics where they will have the opportunity to purchase “a limited number of never-before-seen” hot wheels. There will be 3 or 4 cases of cars available to collectors. Along with the dump bin at front of store and a large roller display of cars which looks like a 4-sided wall hanging display."""

I see my store on that list, and I'm so happy that I got pushed back to 1 instead of 11
Same here, except I'm 3-close. I've lucked out and missed working during every one of these types of events so far.

Yall crazy I am actually surprised they didn't schedule me. I had so much fun with the captain underpants and haloween events. I also work closing shift hopefully there will be extra left-over cars and activity books to bring home.

RIP Dog, we barely knew ya. ;)

Yall crazy I am actually surprised they didn't schedule me. I had so much fun with the captain underpants and haloween events. I also work closing shift hopefully there will be extra left-over cars and activity books to bring home.
The only time we've had extras at my store was a Paw Patrol thing. I know that at the last one, whatever it was, we ran out crazy early, because people were complaining to me as they checked out.

I see my store on that list, and I'm so happy that I got pushed back to 1 instead of 11
Mine is on it as well. It's going to be hell because I can guarantee we'll get yelled at because we'll run out of some of those cars right away. I can already anticipate the guy who comes in looking for hot wheels every other day will be there and describe every single tiny detail of the car he wants.

Anything involving collectors (the ones who hassle you) annoys the sh*t out of me.

@Dog
Apparently this website has the full breakdown for the event
Hot Wheels Event coming to TARGET, JUNE 16 (UPDATED 6/13) - https://orangetrackdiecast.com/2018/05/29/hot-wheels-event-coming-to-target-june-16/

"
UPDATE 6/13/2018 — Target stores received the following information pertaining to the event:

• Saturday, June 16 10AM to NOON
  • This is a 50th Anniversary Event
    • Will cater to both kids and collectors
  • Kids Event will consist of 4 stations around the store
    • Station 1 will be at the front of the store where there will be a dump bin and an employee handing out a free car to each kid and event map to guests and telling them about the event
    • Station 2 will be in toys: kids will be given a sticker sheet to decorate their free hot wheels
    • Station 3 also in toys: kids will play a guessing game of which decade a car is from
    • Station 4 also in toys: kids will be able to race their free car on a track
  • Collector Event starts at 11AM. Collectors will line up at electronics where they will have the opportunity to purchase “a limited number of never-before-seen” hot wheels. There will be 3 or 4 cases of cars available to collectors. Along with the dump bin at front of store and a large roller display of cars which looks like a 4-sided wall hanging display."""

I had no ideal this was happening but feel bad for the 1 person they will probably have in electronics today. Also its a part timer that works the weekends so extra fun for them:}

Ugh the rabid Hot Wheels collectors are gonna be out in full force then at my location cause it’s on the list. Glad I’m not working in the morning...

I had no ideal this was happening but feel bad for the 1 person they will probably have in electronics today. Also its a part timer that works the weekends so extra fun for them:}
There should be multiple people scheduled for this and have nothing to do with the person working in electronics. Should.

We can't find the collectors cars. Sending them to another Target. Typical.

We only got one box even though we’re supposed to get 3-5. the execution guide says to give each collector 5 minutes to look and pick out 5 cars. since we only got one, I think I’m going to limit it to one per guest. I expect some upset collectors who know we’re supposed to let them pick 5, but oh well.

Event wasn’t too bad, we actually got everything we were supposed to and had adequate staffing for the tables. I ran the first table with the dump bin and it was kind of nice getting to see the kids pick out a free car. I did have some pretty rabid collectors that were really angry for some reason and came to my table to cause a scene :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back