Hours allocated for TMs out with COVID.

I realize Target cuts hours after the holidays.

However whatever happened to the hours for the TMs out with COVID.

In Mytime I could pickup shifts in Fulfillment or a Checkout Advocate.

There were ONLY TWO SHIFTS for the entire week for those departments.

Is Target just eliminating shifts to save money or because there is no one to take them because of being out with COVID.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Same at our store. I think it's interesting to see all of those on social media lamenting about how "nobody wants to work" and "we can't find help" yet we are all seeing our hours cut the same as every other year. . . business as usual. I had considered giving some of my hours to a needy coworker and realized that if I said that out loud or put the hours up for swap and had them take them that they would just be cut altogether.

Same at our store. I think it's interesting to see all of those on social media lamenting about how "nobody wants to work" and "we can't find help" yet we are all seeing our hours cut the same as every other year. . . business as usual. I had considered giving some of my hours to a needy coworker and realized that if I said that out loud or put the hours up for swap and had them take them that they would just be cut altogether.
So true. My store too.

It’s not that Target is suddenly cutting hours in the middle of the month, it’s that your leaders overspent payroll and now need to save hours so they don’t get fired.
overspent payroll, sounds like a ETL/HR-ETL problem if they don't say anything about payroll. am I right or am I right?

We overwrote payroll at the end of the month to compensate for the absences. So the thousand or so hours we saved with loas we spent on the schedule the next two weeks.
That didn't happen at my store.

They actually cut our payroll right after Christmas.

In a related matter I heard yesterday we are getting less freight because they are no drivers to deliver trailers.

That didn't happen at my store.

They actually cut our payroll right after Christmas.

In a related matter I heard yesterday we are getting less freight because they are no drivers to deliver trailers.
It’s always cut right after Christmas. You do a quarter or less of the sales in January.

Not during a pandemic and major snow storm
We are selling just as much food now as we were thanksgiving Week if not more

I also think they cut the seasonal TMs earlier instead of the second week of January when a lot got back in school.

Target didn't calculate how latest COIVD surge was going to affect the stores on a regional and/or state basis.

Idk how anyone is shocked by this it happens every year. We were told to overpost payroll by the percentage of absences that weve averaged. Gm overposted by like 18% specialty was like 15% fos was like 20%. We are over payroll by like 1200 hours but well be close to zero by the end of the month im sure. In my store its not that we are taking away shifts its that we have already planned for the absences.

Back in the day, when we had the swap shift board in TSC, when a TM would call off HR would write their shifts on the board. Now they don't have a way to access that TM's MyTime app to do it. The shame of the stores not posting those shifts is they can't account for the extra call-offs for that day. So they know Persons A & B are out for COVID but what they don't know is Persons C, D, and E are going to call off as well for various reasons.

It would be really cool if the developers would give our HR the capability to offer shifts up on the app. Personally, if I'm off and not busy that day and I'm not at 40 hrs I call in and ask if I can come in. 9 times out of 10 they say yes.

Back in the day, when we had the swap shift board in TSC, when a TM would call off HR would write their shifts on the board. Now they don't have a way to access that TM's MyTime app to do it. The shame of the stores not posting those shifts is they can't account for the extra call-offs for that day. So they know Persons A & B are out for COVID but what they don't know is Persons C, D, and E are going to call off as well for various reasons.

It would be really cool if the developers would give our HR the capability to offer shifts up on the app. Personally, if I'm off and not busy that day and I'm not at 40 hrs I call in and ask if I can come in. 9 times out of 10 they say yes.

So the shifts posted in Mytime are only because of pre-approved time off?

They can put the shifts in an open shifts bucket, then they go on the app for people to pick up.

Alot of this depends on what you burnt during Q4. We werr over 400hrs so all the peoole we have out (mote than half the store at this point) their hours are beinf used to pay for what we over spent. Laat I heard we are close to being positive again. This is why I hate january above all months its the last of the fiscal year and they get tighter than anything.

Back