Archived Hours at this time of year

how many hours a week do you get scheduled?

Votes: 2 1.9%

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • 16-23

Votes: 29 26.9%
  • 24-31

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • 32-40

Votes: 45 41.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get 24, but it’s exacdlt what I asked for, considering I have college classes and another job. I don’t know if I could get 40, but I could probably get 32 if I asked. In Hardlines/Electronics.

I've been scheduled four hours the last 8 weeks. I'm in market at an e2e store. And at least once every week I get called in for another shift because things aren't done. What is the point?

Do you have open availability?

I get around 25-30 a week mainly because I have constant hours because if one of a very small group of people who know Cash Office so I’m in there 3-5 days a week and adding a small shift after it or a long one before on the weekends keep me quite constistant

It says you are an ETL arent less hours good for you

@Bosch is a hard working tm in my district whose stl ran the store into the ground, and caused them to lose their overnight status.

He's an etl based on post count, not actual title

Even when you do and are cross trained for everything but receiver and food ave - 8-12hrs.. It's disgusting..
Yikes. Being trained in just about every popular area (Starbucks, Salesfloor, Flex) is why I'm always at 30+ hours. How are you trained in so many areas and still not getting hours? Like obviously it's not your fault I'm just curious if anything.

Usually around 38-40.

Open availability, yo. It works wonders. Also kinda separate payroll, but... yeah.

The poll serves no purpose. Same thing happens every year & gets worse on hours.. assume nothing in 1st qtr.

When a store can't even come up with payroll to push incoming freight, that's a sign of a systemic problem.

When I left yesterday at 1230pm, chemicals, stationery, and hba hadn't been touched. But the flow team was all gone.

So here we have a situation where pallets and flats piled with boxes of product are sitting on the sales floor on a Friday afternoon. No one to push it because multiple calls for backups because we have one cashier.

And the best part is .... they have a truck today. There's nowhere to put the unpushed product in the back because so much backstock has built up.

I guess it's just changing times.

Last edited:
It says you are an ETL arent less hours good for you
Yikes. Being trained in just about every popular area (Starbucks, Salesfloor, Flex) is why I'm always at 30+ hours. How are you trained in so many areas and still not getting hours? Like obviously it's not your fault I'm just curious if anything.

Well we have a brand new STL not just new to our store brand fucking new to being an STL and he is running our AA volume store like a ULV.. Cause that is how you run all stores. And so far he has been on Fridays as a treat to the flow team been helping push freight.. The rest of us are twisting in the wind. Backstock isn't done, CAFs not pulled, price change not done, SFS orders picked not packed cause I should be able to do the entire days workload in 4hrs.. And no one seems to care that our backroom is about to explode on to the salesfloor which is pretty fucking empty..

The big problem with this poll is it shouldn’t be number of hours but percent based on avail.

Example. I’m only scheduled 8 hours a week. But my availability is only 12 right now. So to say 8 on the poll would be misleading because there are some open avail people getting only 8.

I'm available 168 hours a week and only get 40, or 23%, way less than your 66%, not fair.
Well you’re really available 40 hours a week but willing to work it any time during the week. Assume 40 is the max denominator and it’s a bit more representative.

I think "availability" is being used in slightly different contexts here. My max "availability" (eg. hours I can work per week) is 15, but the total time I'm available for those 15 hours to be scheduled is 56.

I've been getting 10-15 hours scheduled most weeks, though this week I was only scheduled 1 shift, but that's the first time that's happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back