Archived How are ETL's LIke Religious Zealots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you probably can't, but I'd like any proof you worked the hours you stated. You say you worked "60-80 hours/week," that implies that every week you worked, you worked at least 60 hours or more. I have trouble believing that.

I do not having trouble believing that. If you haven’t been an ETL, you really have no idea. It is highly unlikely that a team member or team lead is in the building when the ETL both gets there and leaves, so you really have no idea.

I do not having trouble believing that. If you haven’t been an ETL, you really have no idea. It is highly unlikely that a team member or team lead is in the building when the ETL both gets there and leaves, so you really have no idea.

I might know more than you think I do. What I do know is that there is zero corroborating evidence to back up these claims of working 80 hours a week. Just show me.

I might know more than you think I do. What I do know is that there is zero corroborating evidence to back up these claims of working 80 hours a week. Just show me.

I work very closely with my ETLs, and I can only speak for my store, but I’ve seen them work 12-15’s 7 days a week in Q4.... Ive also worked at other stores where ETLs don’t do shit. Hell, I’ve heard one say they were the reason the store stayed afloat! (They also could have been fired and it wouldn’t change a damn thing)

It’s really a toss up depending on store culture. Smaller/lower volume stores where you have to work for sales has a close-knit leadership team where higher volume tends to be a fiasco with cliques and social issues.

Also you can always apply for etl at the Target career page :rolleyes:

I guess since some people here know everything, can you pass some winning lottery numbers my way?

The moral of the story... FUCK SALARY.

I have major beef with one of my ETLs. They're just so fucking....half assed. But then I think, if I were an ETL, i'd be the same way. I just don't have the energy for it. I actually like the cheerleader types because their preppiness get's shit done. They boost my moral.

I would be a no bullshit ETL.

No sing-song voice.

No thanking people for doing their jobs, but recognizing them instead with something substantial when they outperform.

I would really listen, and then take action.

No false hopes or promises.

They would have only one opinion of me, one way or the other.

What do you want me to do? Attach a camera to myself so you can time how much of my week I spend at work. Dumbass.

That's not very nice.

You'll be perfect.

Sad to say, but I’m done with TBR. It is no longer informative and mostly just about complaining now

Sad to say, but I’m done with TBR. It is no longer informative and mostly just about complaining now

Why do people make announcements like this, as if there presence mattered? Do you expect anyone to say, "NOOO PLEASE DON'T GO I LOVE YOU!!!"

giphy.gif

Having been here for a while I'd say the trend can be cyclical and, of course, depends a lot on what new toy Spot has come up with to torture the TMs with.
TBR has always been a place to come and rant.
Information is also always being shared.
It just depends on which threads you want to frequent.

I have to say that there has been a change in many of the member attitudes over time.
People who came here fully supportive of the company (including the OP) are now frustrated and jaded.
If the site doesn't provide what you need then I can certainly understand moving on but it is the same site it has always been.

I'm still fully supportive of the company - so to speak. What I've become jaded to is the revolving door of leadership.

That really really sucks. You are on your own with Target.

I'm still fully supportive of the company - so to speak. What I've become jaded to is the revolving door of leadership.

That really really sucks. You are on your own with Target.

You kind of hit the nail on the head with the revolving door thing. Any TM who’s been around for a few years has never had the same leadership staff in place, and being jaded is rightfully so because most ETLs don’t last longer than a couple years now days

Other than being a bunch of incompetent, ass kissing, morons.... ummmm yeah. Nothing good to say. Even TL Key holders are on that list. I’ve had guests complain when they see them standing around talking about their next vacation destination.

You can choose the threads you want to read or follow on, as commie says. You can select the ignore button on certain members. Not everyone complains here.

Last edited:
They're Androids. I have some strong ETLs and 9/10 they're the ones that started as TMs. However Target seems to be hell bent on hiring fresh graduates or outside the company. These people usually don't know what they're doing or don't have the desire to learn.

Now my main issue is the inability to have original thought. Also don't seem to have realistic expectations.

I hear the same spill and it sounds like they're coming out of a factory:

"Team members should be working harder than you"

"Work with a sense of urgency"

(even though I can't do it myself and have no idea how to do it)

"You're going to be held accountable"

(because writing you up is easier than actually managing and giving you solutions to the problems. Reason is because I don't know how to do it myself, but I must blame someone so)

It's really to the point that they're all sounding the same and it's pathetic. Also the laziness. A lot of them worry about eating, "satusing", and "delegating".

Most people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back