Archived How are you actually supposed to set a POG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you *actually* supposed to set a pog. How do I know what dividers/pegs to get? Do I take all the product down then push it back out?

Is it new or a revision? With revisions I put up the shelf strips, match the product, and drop an exf batch.

There's probably 6-8 different sections in our store with water bottles. Which one is yours?

1. Infants
2. Sporting goods
3. Back to school
4. Kitchen
5. Seasonal in front of store
6. Endcap of kitchen
7. Another section in toys/sporting goods

There's probably 6-8 different sections in our store with water bottles. Which one is yours?

1. Infants
2. Sporting goods
3. Back to school
4. Kitchen
5. Seasonal in front of store
6. Endcap of kitchen
7. Another section in toys/sporting goods
Kitchen

I personally do it this way

Tie
Hit no to drop batch
Run strips, pegs
Make sure everything is pushed/back stocked
Audit to make sure all on hands are correct
Shoot every item in exf to update capacity and drop batch
Pull
Push
Enjoy a near perfect set, with almost zero Backstock

What do I do if there is a ton of product on the floor all mixed up with a ton salvage a ton goes in other areas and a ton is clearance and a ton goes back out in different locations?

The one I did today just showed I needed 6 shelves. Not the dividers or type of pegs or anything

Sometimes you have to use your best judgement as to whether to add dividers when not called for. Pegs are most likely the standard 9" pegs. For heavy items, use heavy duty 9".

Only problem I can possibly see with that if you wait too long to drop your batch it will drop on it's own as an oos or into the autofill

It does this anyway. I can tie the pog first thing and pull before I set. Boom, it drops half my pull into the autofill. So what do you do?

The POG will remain in the move app even if it’s dropped into the auto/caf. If someone else is working on the pog and you’re pulling the caf, i’d Ask the tm to at least open the pog on their move app so it’ll look like it’s being worked on, and it’ll remove itself from the CAF. If you’re gonna have to pull the auto/caf anyway it shouldn’t really matter. It’s yours to pull/push anyway.

Ask your leader and have him/her to show you how it’s better for you to understand in person and if you are a quick learner you can be on your own from there it’s very easy I actually love doing POGs than pushing the truck lol

What do I do if there is a ton of product on the floor all mixed up with a ton salvage a ton goes in other areas and a ton is clearance and a ton goes back out in different locations?

That's normal for kitchen water bottles.

Have someone show you how to use the pricing app to scan through the salvage or clearance. Have someone in your store show you where to box up the salvaged items.

Then put away all the bottles that go to places like sporting goods, or another kitchen aisle. - that stuff is just reshop/strays that need to be put away.

Last edited:
It does this anyway. I can tie the pog first thing and pull before I set. Boom, it drops half my pull into the autofill. So what do you do?
Don’t tie the pog until the auto fill for that group has been pulled. If you do it before, it will mix with the auto fill.

Don’t tie the pog until the auto fill for that group has been pulled. If you do it before, it will mix with the auto fill.

Some of the auto fills don't even get pulled until 8 or 9 o'clock. Hard to set a pog like baby food or cosmetics without trying in first.

You'd think Target would fix issues like this.

Don't forget to clean as you go. Always check for signing both inshore merchandising signs and sale signs. 2 steps that often get forgotten but really don't take that long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back