Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious how everyone's softlines zones are divided. Currently mine are
Z1 RTW
Z2 boys/girls/accessories
Z3 infants/sleep/hosiery/intimates
Z4 mens/perfomance
Z5 shoes

We are almost finished being remodeled with accessories in rtw and with the new panty bins I think the zones need to be split up more evenly. All of RTW was already rough before. Does anyone have any suggestions that is working for your store?

@RightArm, we need some help here.
This thread may help too.

ZN0 Visual Merchandising
ZN1 Boys and Girls
ZN2 Men’s and Shoes
ZN3 RTW & Wild Fable
ZN4 Infant and Maternity
ZN5 Price Change
ZN6 Fitting Room & RTW Clearence
ZN7 Intimants, Activewear, Accesories (Only on truck days - often combined w ZN4 on non-truck days)

Been told we aren’t supposed to schedule someone ZN6, but we’ve kept doing it 8-4:30 and 6-Closing. Everyone helps out during the gap.

- RTW/WF
- Boys and Girls
- Infants and Mens
- Intimates, women’s active, shoes & accessories (LOL at this zone)

I will note that for push we usually have someone in each department sort of. RTW/WF will always have 2 people for push. Sometimes our last zone (intimates through accessories) will only have 1 person who’s expected to push and close it down in the same shift.

Last edited:
WF, UT, plus, maternity
Seasonal, accessories, style, AND
Men's dept, women's shoes
Intimates, hosiery, performance
Boys, girls, kids shoes
NIT
Fitting room and clearance (only on Sat +Sunday)

Just curious how everyone's softlines zones are divided. Currently mine are
Z1 RTW
Z2 boys/girls/accessories
Z3 infants/sleep/hosiery/intimates
Z4 mens/perfomance
Z5 shoes

We are almost finished being remodeled with accessories in rtw and with the new panty bins I think the zones need to be split up more evenly. All of RTW was already rough before. Does anyone have any suggestions that is working for your store?

Zones as in zoning is divided this way:

Z1 = RTW
Z2 = Men's + Women's Sleepwear (sometimes includes women's performance)
Z3 = Boys + Girls
Z4 = Infants + Baby Hardlines
Z5 = Shoes + Accessories + Intimates
Z6 = Women's Performance (only used when there is enough people)

-----------------------

Truck Push is Sorted this Way:

P1 = RTW (all RTW folded + Hosiery + Panties and from YC down to Prologue for hanging)
P2 = Men's + Women's Sleepwear + Plus + Maternity + Women's Performance + Intimate hanging (aka: bras/shapewear)
P3 = Shoes + Accessories
P4 = Boys + Girls
P5 = NIT + Baby Hardlines

------------------------

Now... if you're talking about areas of responsibilities toward the VMG (as in setting the areas) it goes like this:

VMG 1 = Young Contemporary + Seasonal
VMG 2 = Universal Threads + A New Day + Prologue
VMG 3 = Plus + Maternity
VMG 4 = Men's + Women's Sleep + Hosiery
VMG 5 = Women's Performance
VMG 6 = Shoes + Accessories
VMG 7 = Intimates
VMG 8 = Girls + Boys
VMG 9 = NIT (Newborn, Infant, Toddlers A&A side)

=====================================

I know that's probably confusing.... our SRTL only puts the Z1-Z6 on the schedule but naturally there are multiple people assigned to each department who work at different times and each one has a different set of responsibilities in their departments. If you have any questions just ask. :)

Thank you guys for all your ideas! Also would like to know how everyone's fitting room works. We have 2 hour blocks assigned but no one stays at the fitting room and reshop piles up pretty quickly.

Our zone breakdown as of this Sunday's realignment + addition of another Style TL (3 total, each owning 1 of these zones):

Women's = Swim/RTW/YC/Jewelry + Accessories

Men's/SIS = Mens/Shoes/Performance/Intimates/Sleep

Kids = Newborn + Infants + Toddlers/Boys + Girls

As for fitting room, best practice is to schedule a TM there 11a-7p during the week and open to close during the weekends, to account for guest traffic. That's how we usually schedule at my store.

Thank you guys for all your ideas! Also would like to know how everyone's fitting room works. We have 2 hour blocks assigned but no one stays at the fitting room and reshop piles up pretty quickly.

At my store, everyone who comes in to push truck gets a 1 hour shift at the fitting room. Sometimes there’s about 2 people who do get a 2nd hour shift, but the 2 hours are never consecutive.

We’re supposed to check the fitting room and reshop every 15-30 minutes so that it doesn’t pile up. For the most part it works well, but at some point each day all of softlines gets called to the fitting room to clear out the RTW reshop.

Once the closing team comes in, we just have 1 designated fitting room attendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back