Archived How come when one certain person does instocks research pulls are massive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same person every time, but when she does instocks in her shoes area her research pulls are 35-45 DPCIs for SHOE1 and SHOE2, how is it even possible to have that many shoes on research pulls? we are a small store and those are like POG fill amounts :wacko:. And 90% of the shoes never go out and she just babbles something and brings them back for BS

We have this too, but ours usually goes out. I can't fault someone for doing a thorough job. In fact I get some kind of sick enjoyment at the line being full of pulls. Maybe smeone is zoning after she shoots her research?

that's a great way to get kicked off of instocks. Even though it benefits the store by filling the shelves, eventually, someone, a teamleader or executive, is going to realize their store could be more green if this person was replaced by someone who deleted every scan that showed a backroom location. LOL it's not about selling stuff anymore, you're either red or green.

It doesn't mean the person is thorough it means they're too lazy to toggle over to item search and check all multiple locations before zeroing something out.

that's a great way to get kicked off of instocks. Even though it benefits the store by filling the shelves, eventually, someone, a teamleader or executive, is going to realize their store could be more green if this person was replaced by someone who deleted every scan that showed a backroom location. LOL it's not about selling stuff anymore, you're either red or green.

Sadly I see some truth in this. Kiss research with locs score goodbye.

It doesn't mean the person is thorough it means they're too lazy to toggle over to item search and check all multiple locations before zeroing something out.

I'm confused. I thought they put in the amount they see in that location?

Wrong answer. Each task is specific to the POG that it is requiring the IS team to scan. The only time that you toggle is if you are working in the stand alone mode since the system does not "know" which POG you are scanning. You enter what you SEE. In this situation a couple of different things could behappening: a) you have a thorough tm that is actually scanning the outs and critical lows accurately or b) you have a tm that can't tell that a location has an item in it or c) the zone is poor and the second location (within that pog - usually an adjacent peg or shelf) is empty and the tm does not look for it when the PDA beeps (assuming that the equipment is acutally doing this - not all do if not working right) or d) someone zoned after scans and the locs are no longer empty. You'll know this if there is a lot of backstock AND the empty spots left after working the pull are not grey dotted or e) research is being completed before the freight is completely pushed, pulls and reshop worked, or f) freight is not being pushed to the piece or g)shoes has a red backroom location accuracy - in which case NO research should be done at all - stand alone outs only.

Thanks for that! At one time the IS team would scan whatever they were doing, then shoot an EXF for that aisle. I pulled a car seat in one batch and then the same one in the other. I was keeping up that day so I went to Infant Basics since I knew the shelf capacity for car seats was one. I asked her why she did that and she said it must have been a mistake. She probably doesn't like me now, but maybe she'll be more careful.

My apologies then. Its been years since I've done instocks. When it was in RF apps this would happen when people didn't toggle for secondary locations.

The tag ..."You're either red or green" is so true. I was told not to M-delete when doing pulls anymore. Instead, exit out of batch, go to locu, update location, and go back into pull. All this to improve the score. Treat the symptom - location ghosts instead of the cause - TM's not backstocking or pulling correctly. At our great team survey meeting, I brought this up and asked "How does this serve the guest?"

I've been told twice not to M-delete, but the second time my Sr TL told me to only do it if I had scanned every item in that location, so I took that as permission to do it. I've never stopped doing it. I really don't give a **** about a team score and why should I cover up someone else's mistake when I'm 100% every week with the most or second most pulls. I want these people to get demoted to flow.

Last edited:
Some people at my Store like to Zero stuff out for no reason. Ive seen then do it a lot in Back to School!! I was like are you kidding me why are you screwing that up!!! haha but they kiss butt so they won't get kicked off InStocks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back