Archived How difficult is it to redeem yourself in the eyes of Spot?

Have you ever came back from anything?

• Yes

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Ever since I've joined Breakroom, I've seen some people get back to that great place they were at in their time with Spot. Whether it be a specific Title in Leadership or just back to doing things they once did because of injury or a personal matter. My question to all is how was the journey? Feedback from all please!!

Drama, Shit-Talking, Gossip, Forced Relationships, Dating, Socializing, WTF Moments, That Dumbass Guest and That fine ass ETL that you have a cousin-to-cousin relationship with but would bang anyday... Safe to say Spot is like a second home, never a dull moment.. Spot has helped me to understand that everyone is actually weird lol.

Drama, Shit-Talking, Gossip, Forced Relationships, Dating, Socializing, WTF Moments, That Dumbass Guest and That fine ass ETL that you have a cousin-to-cousin relationship with but would bang anyday... Safe to say Spot is like a second home, never a dull moment.. Spot has helped me to understand that everyone is actually weird lol.
:rolleyes:

A couple years after I started with spot, I was put on final.
I was pretty sure it was the end with my dept until a TL from another dept asked me if I would consider working in their area.
It was a much-needed opp to show leadership that I deserved a second chance & they took notice.
I'll never forget the TL who gave me that lifeline & the ETL who made it happen.

@redeye58, Stories like yours are the primary reason I created the thread. Gives people like me hope and I hope inspires others as well!! You Rock :);)

I know of a TM that learned the life-lessons of work ethics at Spot. For quite some time he was on final due to purely attendance issues. Several of us even said to him "hey dood just call out of you're not going to make it!" but alas ... another NCNS ... and another last chance. Overall, he's a good kid with a good mind and in the past year or so has really brought his game. He's now doing well and has been asked to consider working towards a TL role. So yes, Spot is willing to forgive and move on if you are willing to put forth the effort. Actually, it says quite a bit for the company. I may moan and complain at times but as I've said before I do actually enjoy the place.

I've heard of other big box retailers black-listing employees even after said employee corrects/modifies their behaviour. Again, kudos to Spot for looking at the big picture ... sometimes heehee

I'm pretty sure this is on an ASANTS basis.

I'm hard pressed to believe that every store has leadership that cares.

@redeye58, Stories like yours are the primary reason I created the thread. Gives people like me hope and I hope inspires others as well!! You Rock :);)
Thing is, I don't feel redeemed.
It makes me uncomfortable to think about & I'm still embarrassed/angry at the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back