Archived HOW DO I GET IN?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I've applied to tons of ETL positions and the status of them are under review and under consideration. In the meantime, I applied to a team member position and got a call for an interview. I am wondering if this is a smart move and will help me get one o the ETL positions that I want or if I'm wasting my time. I applied to the two positions I wanted August 2nd and still haven't heard anything since the status changed to under review and under consideration. Any advice? Would it be easy to move positions like this?

and so many are wondering how to get out........,good luck,don't take a tm job.

Here are some ways to become an ETL:

If you have minimal to no experience at Target but you have/will have a degree and want to become an ETL, go to your college's career center. Most schools have connections with company recruiters. They might be able to help you out and get you connected with a Target recruiter. Your chances will improve greatly if you are able to positively network with that person. If you just apply to an ETL position with no connection to a recruiter, you chances of getting the job will be lower. Target recruiters also like to show up to college job fairs in search of potential interns and EITs (Executive In Training). Attend one and network with them. Remember to give them a copy of your resume. You can ask the recruiter for a business card too.

If you have worked [I believe it was 5+ years] at Target, it is possible to become an ETL without a degree. Usually, you move up internally like this: TM to TL to SrTL to EIT to ETL.

Another important thing to consider is do you really want to be an ETL? There's a massive increase in workload, stress and so on. Granted, you are salaried, but, it might not be worth it. A lot of the ETLs at my store are burned to near oblivion by their jobs.

Last edited:
Another important thing to consider is do you really want to be an ETL? There's a massive increase in workload, stress and so on. Granted, you are salaried, but, it might not be worth it. A lot of the ETLs at my store are burned to near oblivion by their jobs.
At the end of the day WE (the break room) are not trying to scare you away) we just want to prepare you

At the end of the day WE (the break room) are not trying to scare you away) we just want to prepare you
Are you speaking as an ETL?
Is anyone on this thread speaking as an ETL?. Are these just your pipe dreams of what an ETL encounters ? Stop this BS about " oh we are trying to help when not one of us is an ETL with proven credentials. " oh in my store blah blah blah" STFU you toy zoning POS.

Note: this message is intended for people on this thread who are not ETL, yet are advising someone on the matter.

Is anyone on this thread speaking as an ETL?. Are these just your pipe dreams of what an ETL encounters ? Stop this BS about " oh we are trying to help when not one of us is an ETL with proven credentials. " oh in my store blah blah blah" STFU you toy zoning POS.

Note: this message is intended for people on this thread who are not ETL, yet are advising someone on the matter.
No need to be mean @Planosss. We (the breakroom) might not be ETL's (with the exception of a few), but the given expectations set for an ETL is that of the exemplary team member. For example, how can you set expectations for your TL or anyone under your TL (team members, -toy zoners as you so put it) if you "said ETL can't even accomplish said task your Goddamn self??!! Many of the ETL's that have the RESPECT of their subordinates have ACTUALLY done the grunt work themselves therefore give RESONABLE expectations and don't go pulling a TL or a TEAM member into an office every 5 seconds!! I only want OP to be prepared for ALL that comes with the job. You don't necessarily have to BE an ETL to display WORNOUT or BURNOUT as ALOT of these ETL's are. I'm sure you have seen some even in your current store. I personally have been to 4 different stores and have seen it firsthand so I know they exist. Again @Planosss, I respect your opinion, but I felt that was just a stab at certain people.

I can only speak as someone who has been on this board for many years.
There have been a number of ETLs who have and still do post here.
They have shared their experiences and I was simply passing on the information I gleaned from them.

As an hrtm I am extremely close to the etls. They tell me what they like and hate about their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back