Archived How do I get rid of nail polish on the fixtures? Guests piss me off a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I tried to use acetone, but that only made it worse. It made the fixture plastic opaque and grayish.

And this is only a small example because it keeps getting worse.

My old store had clear covers that could be stuck on the signs and replaced when they got too messy. I haven't spent enough time with my new store's cosmetics team to know if they have them too/if those are standard at all stores, but they were definitely a preventative timesaver.

My old store had clear covers that could be stuck on the signs and replaced when they got too messy. I haven't spent enough time with my new store's cosmetics team to know if they have them too/if those are standard at all stores, but they were definitely a preventative timesaver.

Unfortunately that's really the best solution.
I spent way to much time putting those clear covers on but they really work.
It means you have replace the fixtures you have, but a box or two of those doesn't cost much and install quickly.
Once you have new fixtures, cover them, then replace the covers as they get messed up.

Or do what @redeye58 suggested.

If you don't have access to SAP to order the clear cosmetics bullnose covers, seek out your signing team member and ask them. They might already have a stash somewhere or will be able to order them for you. Make sure you order a lot, they get used up quickly!

We had the covers and our DTL hated them so we get to have ours always look like this. Acetone or getting the covers are your two options.

This is what my old store used. It's the way to go.

@MissCroft
From our guide thread on cosmetics:
  • Cleaning your shelves. This is a big priority. You can ask a TL or higher to requisition you some sort of Swiffer duster (DPCI 003-05-0598 is the best one for this purpose). You'll want to dust your shelves when you see fit.
  • Clean up the nail polish bullnoses. This can either be done by cleaning it off with a NON-ACETONE NAIL POLISH REMOVER. (DPCI 052-06-0198) Acetone removers will disintegrate the enamel on the floor if you spill it, and it can disintegrate the plastic on the bullnose. So don't use them! One smart thing Target did is plan for this. Nail polish bullnoses typically come with a plastic adhesive film that is easily removed so that if a guest does paint on it, you can peel off the adhesive, replace it, and it's good as new!
  • Adhesive Shelf Liner
    DPCI: Unknown
    Fixture #: 433229
    Thanks
    @oath2order

Not at work now so can't get you the number but what needs to be ordered is the "cosmetic shelf lip." The front part can be snapped off and on to prevent buying new fixtures. It's fairly inexpensive. Order maybe 25 or so to get things going in the right direction. After you snap on the new lips then immediately attach the adhesive bullnose protector clings. After that going forward you would only need to keep switching out the bullnose clings as idiotic guests decide to destroy target as if they own us!

We've had success using Magic Erasers on the base deck and Clorox wipes on the clings if we are running low and can't switch them out.

Back in the day that I actually wore nail polish there was acetate nail polish remover that was safe for fake nails. Look and see if that's still made.

My TL coulnd't care less about cosmetics and it is very frustrating! I have been asking for the clings for months and he just shrugs his shoulders. I gave the adhesive fixture shelf number to him and he told me there was no such number. He came over with a razor and started scraping off old nail polish. This didn't work well and he said, "problem fixed." What a shlub.

There's also wipes that our PMT ordered that he used as APTL to get nail polish off the floor and they don't strip the wax. They're made for graffiti but do wonders for nail polish.

Unfortunately I don't know the SAP number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back