Archived How do I process returns? help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically, I've really wanted to learn guest services but have not been given the training. YET..I have been asked so many times "Can you cover guest services?" When I haven't received training :( . I tell them that but they just find someone else. Can someone virtually train me? I know this is asking for to much but thought I'd give it a try.

How about when a guest wants to make a payment? ...REDcard payments?

@catrainer, thanks for the wiki link! I wanted to point out a couple of things (I wasn't sure if I'd be able to edit so I didn't bother).

1. Under the returns-(gift)receipt and debit/credit card sections, you have K1[no], K3[yes]. Same thing under the defective section - you have K3 as yes the item is defective. I believe K1 is yes and K3 is no.
2. Under the returns-debit/credit card section, step 3 should be ask the guest to swipe his or her card before scanning the return item.
3. Under the returns-no receipt section, you don't necessarily have to press K1 before scanning the ID. I've never pressed any K button, just scan the ID.
4. ASANTS, but we only have red and white labels at my store. Red is for as-is, online only, repackage and clearance items; white is for everything else.
5. For closing GSTMs, we have to close CRC and e-Recycling bins (GSTL/GSA will come and check off the items). We also box all salvage items and place them in a cart to be taken to the back. We empty out trash cans and place in a different cart to be taken to the back and we bag all toss items and send that to the back with the trash.

@catrainer, thanks for the wiki link! I wanted to point out a couple of things (I wasn't sure if I'd be able to edit so I didn't bother).

1. Under the returns-(gift)receipt and debit/credit card sections, you have K1[no], K3[yes]. Same thing under the defective section - you have K3 as yes the item is defective. I believe K1 is yes and K3 is no.
2. Under the returns-debit/credit card section, step 3 should be ask the guest to swipe his or her card before scanning the return item.
3. Under the returns-no receipt section, you don't necessarily have to press K1 before scanning the ID. I've never pressed any K button, just scan the ID.
4. ASANTS, but we only have red and white labels at my store. Red is for as-is, online only, repackage and clearance items; white is for everything else.
5. For closing GSTMs, we have to close CRC and e-Recycling bins (GSTL/GSA will come and check off the items). We also box all salvage items and place them in a cart to be taken to the back. We empty out trash cans and place in a different cart to be taken to the back and we bag all toss items and send that to the back with the trash.
Just a couple of things, anyone can edit any of the wiki pages. That is one of the great benefits of having the "guides" in the wiki. If you look in the top of the page in the wiki just about right below your username, on a page that you want to edit, you will see an "edit" button. Just click on that and all is well.

I am pretty sure that with #4, that is for all stores now. I will edit that when I go through the wikis again.

#3: At my store, we were told to try not to touch the guest's cards as much as possible. If you press the K1 [Enter ID] key, it will actually have the guest scan the ID in the card reader (when it works) otherwise the scanning it with the barcode scanner does still work.
Wiki may not be fully updated after all the POS updates.
I can go through the wiki within the next couple of weeks and try to update as much as possible. I know that a lot has changed since then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back