Archived How do I quit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started working at target only about 2 weeks ago, but today I was offered another job that I have been really wanting so I accepted it. I know it’s bad timing, I feel bad quitting so soon after starting and I’m also wondering how I should? Should I still give a 2 weeks notice even though I’ve only just finished training? I don’t want to waste anyone’s time so I’m not sure what the right thing to do is.

Since I started so recently I’m assuming I won’t be receiving my pay through direct deposit yet. So would they mail me my check after I quit? Or should I suck it up and go there to pick it up?

Since I started so recently I’m assuming I won’t be receiving my pay through direct deposit yet. So would they mail me my check after I quit? Or should I suck it up and go there to pick it up?
When was your first day of work? Week of the 7th? When did you set up your direct deposit? I’m not exactly sure how you will receive your last check after you get termed in the system. I know after my seasonal employment I got my last check through direct deposit.

When was your first day of work? Week of the 7th? When did you set up your direct deposit? I’m not exactly sure how you will receive your last check after you get termed in the system. I know after my seasonal employment I got my last check through direct deposit.
Yes, I started the 9th and set up direct deposit on the 10th. I’m pretty sure I was told it usually takes 2 pay periods before direct deposit goes into effect and this Friday will only be my first pay period

Yes, I started the 9th and set up direct deposit on the 10th. I’m pretty sure I was told it usually takes 2 pay periods before direct deposit goes into effect and this Friday will only be my first pay period
It depends on your bank. They say 2 pay periods to be safe, but I set up mine after getting rehired and my first check was direct deposit. You can check your paystub on WorkDay Wednesday morning-ish, and it will tell you whether it is a physical check or direct deposit.

It’s easy, try not to tell your leaders that you are getting a new job so you need to quit Target, tell them something like it’s not working out for you or it’s not the job for me I know it’s a lie but let’s make it a white lie for the better since they spent time/money to hire/train you, you should put in your 2 weeks notice and work those 2 weeks if you don’t want to burn bridge with Target or if you have no other choice you do what you gotta do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back