How do you act as a guest in other stores?

What, so she thought that since you used your TM discount you should't use a coupon or something?
Exactly. She told me "you can only one or the other...they obviously didn't go over that in your training." She thought I was a NEWB! She obviously didn't notice the fact that my TM discount card is DEFINITELY NOT "new." :rolleyes:

One time I was shopping with a friend at another store and we were looking at light bulbs and when I took some my instinct kicked in and I actually brought the others forward like I was zoning. My friend was like "sylph, you're not getting paid to do that right now lol" and like I can't help it xD

I once knocked over 3 cans (non nesting) and didn't restack w the stocker on the aisle. Just eased away.

I go in being able to understand the workers at this particular Target that I don't work at lol.

When I used to comp shop at our nearby Wally, there was an associate in cosmetics who knew what I was doing & would shoot me dagger looks until she saw me zoning one time after several tweens had wrecked the Cover Girl display.
I also saw a known scammer there one time & alerted one of their guys.

Im usually polite and shop like a civilized person. However, one time the cashier told me they had to scan my discount card at the end of my transaction which never has been a problem in the 10 other million times I checked out at Target. I almost lost my cool. He ended up forgetting to ring up my stuff at the bottom of my cart and had to scan them after my discount card which proved it doesn't matter when its scanned. I think the kid was new so i gave him a break but thats the only time i was never polite on another target.

Im usually polite and shop like a civilized person. However, one time the cashier told me they had to scan my discount card at the end of my transaction which never has been a problem in the 10 other million times I checked out at Target. I almost lost my cool. He ended up forgetting to ring up my stuff at the bottom of my cart and had to scan them after my discount card which proved it doesn't matter when its scanned. I think the kid was new so i gave him a break but thats the only time i was never polite on another target.

Thats not too bad. I had a lady ferociously demand my ID when i used my discount card.

I think we all remember how it is to be "new" and know exactly how who ever is assisting us is going through.. We all probably have more patience with people in Target and I say Target because I'm not sure how everyone else patient level is. Me in general, I'm a patient person..

It says on the back of the discount card to have the cashier scan before the transaction anyway. Poor newbie, it sucks being them sometimes lol. I'm sure we all remember those days so vividly.

I'm usually polite. But I do take pictures of their zone (or lack there of) sometimes, for my perverse pleasure :p

Like I do in my own store. Theirs very few people that I would talk to at my store during my time off. Most of the time I'm listening to music anyways, so it's hard for me to cause a scene.

One thing I love about shopping in other stores is I know all the BS lies they tell guest out of laziness. I asked one guy to see if they had something in the back, he was like I think we are out, I asked him to get a mydevice and scan it. They had it.

One thing I love about shopping in other stores is I know all the BS lies they tell guest out of laziness. I asked one guy to see if they had something in the back, he was like I think we are out, I asked him to get a mydevice and scan it. They had it.

This is my favorite thing. I had a TM in another store once tell me they didn't have the item because it was an assortment dpci. It wasn't. They refused to check anything, so I left and dropped an SPU. Guess what magically turned up. Though I did feel like a jerk for doing it that way.

Pretty much like I do at my store. It takes a lot to get me to a royal piss off level. I'm a pretty patient person.

I do various things. It just depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

I talk in what sounds like a mixture of Klingon and pig-Latin on my phone as loudly as possible, especially when I'm in a crowded checkout line. I spend hours trying on clothes, and instead of bringing the ones I won't buy to the counter, I just kind of spread them out all over the store. I fondle mannequins. I jog through the store while pushing my cart and making loud "Brrrmmmmmm!" racecar sounds and dodging other customers. I leer at team members (both men and women) in the creepiest way possible, and if confronted, I'll ask them to run away to Tibet with me. If another customer leaves their cart unattended, I'll steal that sucker, fill it with diapers and frozen pot pies, and leave it at Starbucks. I "graze" in the produce section. I pretend like I'm shoplifting (act nervous, constantly pick things up and put them down, quickly walk away if a TM gets anywhere near me). If a TM asks if they can help me find something, I'll reply in the worst German accent I can muster; "Yes, where are the vibrators? And duck tape. I require duck tape, fräulein!" I pick out the biggest, weirdest looking doll from the toy section and mutter unintelligibly to it while shopping. Sometimes I'll order a cup of coffee at Starbucks and yell "OhEmGeeee! THIS IS SO RIDICULOUSLY HOT!!", then act like I'm hyperventilating. I track mud all over the floor, but only if there isn't any mud outside. I like to sing "Do You Want To Build a Snowman?" while doing this weird shuffle-walk-dance thing in the women's underwear section.

So yeah.... I've seen guests do these exact things, so why not. Usually I'm just a typical polite shopper though.

Bought something online picked it up at a different store, had to walk the GS TM through processing a pickup. Not a big deal imo, we all work together right? Also I have to resist to urge to want to help guests when not working. I imagine it would be a bit unnerving for some dude in jeans and a t-shirt to be like "Can I help you find something?"!

Sometimes a Target store a few miles away has something that we don't have so I'll go there, very rare though. I stay incognito until presenting my employee discount card.

Last time I felt really bad as I look perfectly healthy but am recovering from an arm injury so I couldn't lift the item I needed without worsening the injury. I'm sure the team member that put the item in my cart was thinking I was lying. I felt really bad for the cashier though, she was the only one open (other than self-checkout) and she was in training, I'm certain first day, and she was scared. I ended up giving her some pointers during the transaction. I do think that having her as the only lane open was a bit cruel though.

I will zone entire aisles in market because I can't find anything when it looks like a garage sale.
I collect all of the expired products and hand them over to the market person when I am done getting my groceries.
I bring my own bags and bag the items for the cashier. If I had to wait, I take all of the abandoned items that guests put in the gum and candy because the cashier was far too intimidating to hand these over to go in the go-backs and hand them to the cashier.
My coupons are in order. My cartwheel is ready and my TM card and Red Card are ready. Nothing worse than holding up the line with stupidity.
I do this everywhere.

Last edited:
Back