Archived How do you know if you are getting coached?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used push carts with out the quik cart at a different job. I can't understand why my ca can't get carts from the lot on a slow night?

Coaching only matters if it is documented. I have a problem child on my team who was transferred to me with no write ups at all. No one bothered to tell me they were a problem case till it was too late, and then when the truth came out and I went to see how many coachings the TM had on file I found none. In six months of problems before this TM came to me, no one bothered to document anything about this TM. I had to start from scratch with coachings and corrective actions and it has been a long and painful process that has damaged my DTK scores and team morale.

Bottom line- If it is not put into writing, it does not count. I tell my TM's if I am documenting a conversation and if another TL starts to tell me about a conversation they had with one of my TM's I ask them to put it on paper if they want anything done about it. In nearly three years as a TL, I have only had one fellow TL follow up with a written document.

A good TL will let you know when you are being officially coached and when you are just getting some pointers on how to do your job better.

Last edited:
I tried to tell one of the new CAs that he had an important job and that I appreciated what he was doing even if nobody else did, only to receive the look usually reserved for politely dealing with the feeble minded.

From what I've heard, being a cart attendant is something you just have to embrace. Our new cart attendants always complain about everything, but the veterans only seem to complain about lightning, idiot drivers, and when someone destroys the restrooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back