Archived How does the STL/ETL's/TL's/GSA dress at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyerc

GSTL
Ive seen some dress professionally and others very laid back. We also have a TL who wears the same exact thing everyday, never does her hair, and sneakers and her attire is far from professional more like sick at home. I personally mix it up about 70/30. 70% of the time I aim for professional (dress shirt/polo tucked in/really nice zip up sweater/vest,nice khaki pants/slacks, dress shoes) rest of the time a simple sweater (never a t-shirt) or a jacket if I'm feeling real lazy (although I have a very nice one I wear even when trying to look nice and it's high end). Sometimes I wear sneakers. Always black dress shoes or sneakers since that is the expectation.

Last edited:
By sitting at a computer only getting up to help with smart huddle or with cafs.

Haha good one!! I personally don't but from time to time I do some "paperwork" in the office. Sometimes I also take my shoes off but usually only on my lunch if I do because if I am needed I have to go through putting them back on!

I don't know where we get the money from but a lot of our leaders have fleece sweaters provided by ETL HR.

My STL and male ETLs usually wear red polos or right shirts to show off muscles. My TLs it varies some wear hoodies everyday, some red t shirts.

Females are the only ones who dress like they care. They often wear a nice shirt with a red cardigan or a red sweater.

Our front end leadership it varies one of our GSAs dresses like a Tom boy. A good number of them don't wear solid red. Some dress very professionally but meh

I don't think what we wear matters too much as long as its clean and tidy. We have a TM who always wears buttoned up shirts but they are wrinkled and coming out of his pants so he looks ridiculous..

Last edited:
TTOTM: don't take your shoes and socks off at the table in the breakroom if people around you are trying to eat!!

Haha good one!! I personally don't but from time to time I do some "paperwork" in the office. Sometimes I also take my shoes off but usually only on my lunch if I do because if I am needed I have to go through putting them back on!

:|

Black or brown shoes if srtl or above. Flats seem to be standard for female etl. A couple tls wear dansko in like leopard pattern which feels awkward. Professional dress doesn't gloss over their juvenile behavior.

Our GSAs/GSTLs usually wore a Red Polo or one of the many Target T-shirts. I knew one GSTL who always wore a button down dress shirt and crisp pants.

We only have girl front end leaders and they all just wear nice outfits with a red cardigan on top. STL always wore a red polo with his khakis

It varied. ETL and above wore polos or better.

TL's varied even more. Some wore t-shirts, others wore nicer clothes.

Lady-Gaga-Songwriters-Hall-Of-Fame-2015-outfits-billboard-1250.jpg

I wear a polo and khakis every day. Not tucked in.

Men's choices are a little more limited. I do wear a button up for scheduled visits. When I come in early, I may wear a solid red sweatshirt until store open or until it gets too warm.

Not many follow dress code at my store. We have a team Lead who wears a whitish with a few pieces of red plaid shirt everyday. It's super common to see tm's wearing red hoodies with random tshirts underneath. No name tags. I've never seen my ETL hr wear name tags.

As a GSA I do not feel a need to dress up like the ETLs do. As long as I am in dress code, clean and relatively put together that's all I'm doing. Usually I wear either a red polo or one of the dozen or so Target t-shirts I have gotten over the years. I don't usually tuck my shirt in because it gets in the way of me moving the way I like to.

Well I have always tried to be khaki pants with a tucked in Red polo. If it is cold and or rainy I wear a c9 hoodie, has some black on the shoulders. Some days when it is hotter I like to wear my target volunteer/red card Tshirt.

As a GSA I do not feel a need to dress up like the ETLs do. As long as I am in dress code, clean and relatively put together that's all I'm doing. Usually I wear either a red polo or one of the dozen or so Target t-shirts I have gotten over the years. I don't usually tuck my shirt in because it gets in the way of me moving the way I like to.

Does anyone say anything about not tucking in? I would feel insecure.

I have never had my appearance brought up as an issue at work. As long as my clothes are clean, modest and well-fitting I don't see an issue.

I have never had my appearance brought up as an issue at work. As long as my clothes are clean, modest and well-fitting I don't see an issue.

I just feel like leaving my polo not tucked in would look tacky. I'd feel awkward.

I usually do khakis and either a nice red sweater or a nice shirt with a cardigan. Nothing too nice usually because working on the floor I always get sweaty/random dirt on myself. If I know we're having a visit I have a nicer pair of pants and a red blazer from my SR interview. Once in awhile I'll wear a Target t-shirt or my C9 red pullover. haven't found an dressier shoes where I live that I could work in all day so I just wear a nicer pair of Nike shoes I have. I'm in the market for all day dress shoes though.

Female ETLs usually do a t-shirt and cardigan, ETL-LOG + STL wear polos although they both have nice dress shirts ready and hanging in their office.

Given that my store is in a more quasi-rural area, our team members tend to dress more business casual. Not necessarily shabby, unless you count flow team which is for the most part justified.

Most of our leadership dresses reasonably. They look presentable but still comfortable. The men will usually wear the standard red polo or just any red shirt with khakis, maybe even a hoodie. A lot of the women will dress in what I call white girl chic. Add cowboy boots into the mix for regional flair, and that's pretty much it.

As for me, despite being female when I was alive, I prefer to cover as much of my bones as possible by wearing long sleeves or a cardigan.

Last edited:
My STL and ETL all wear professional attire but tennis shoes(flats for the ladies) The TL's/GSA's kinda wear whatever along the red and khaki lines.

A lot of them look like they just rolled out of bed lol. Our STL always looks nice. I love her outfits. They are dressy but not over the top.

As. Srtl, when I LOD I wear dress pantst/shoes botton down or fleece . As SrTl rplen, on non LOD days I'm in cargos, sneakers and regular t-shirt sinDr I'm running all over between backroom, receiving, and instocks .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back