Archived How fast is your truck done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many pallets do you guys have, total? We have (I think I'm counting right, trying to remember) 18 per side. So 36 total places for boxes to go. That doesn't include bulk, which we don't always have and would put an extra pallet or two up front. We need to pull pallets while doing unload...otherwise plastics and paper would be 25 feet high (read: impossible to stack). And many other pallets have to be pulled over the course of an unload. Last night was a regular night, I suppose, and I think our truck was 2700.

I can fit 13 pallets along the side of the line, plus two on the end. I do 10 pallets and then 6 u-boats in the last 3 actual pallet spots and 2 pallets on the end. Each of those last 8 vehicles has its own custom block aligning to an aisle in grocery. I schedule 4-6 bowlers per truck that come in staggered later and they start taking vehicles off the line and bowling as they go. Imo its a waste of time to touch a pallet twice, so I make my team pull the pallet and bowl it out and then bring the empty back (I do this with grocery too).

Backside of the line is then the full 13 pallets plus we setup pallets along the dock plates and around the corner even if transition is heavy and one is in charge of the open area and the corner and the other pulls backstock for the whole line. I generally only have to pull pallets off the back on doubles, but it depends on what they are sending us.

How many pallets do you guys have, total? We have (I think I'm counting right, trying to remember) 18 per side. So 36 total places for boxes to go. That doesn't include bulk, which we don't always have and would put an extra pallet or two up front. We need to pull pallets while doing unload...otherwise plastics and paper would be 25 feet high (read: impossible to stack). And many other pallets have to be pulled over the course of an unload. Last night was a regular night, I suppose, and I think our truck was 2700.

12 pallets on both the push and backstock side. We also have about three pullers while the truck is being unloaded.

They pull the backstock?

If the pallets get full/high. Right now usually only paper gets full...other than seasonal stuff when we get all that at the same time. Maybe diapers once in a while.

I can fit 13 pallets along the side of the line, plus two on the end. I do 10 pallets and then 6 u-boats in the last 3 actual pallet spots and 2 pallets on the end. Each of those last 8 vehicles has its own custom block aligning to an aisle in grocery. I schedule 4-6 bowlers per truck that come in staggered later and they start taking vehicles off the line and bowling as they go. Imo its a waste of time to touch a pallet twice, so I make my team pull the pallet and bowl it out and then bring the empty back (I do this with grocery too).

Backside of the line is then the full 13 pallets plus we setup pallets along the dock plates and around the corner even if transition is heavy and one is in charge of the open area and the corner and the other pulls backstock for the whole line. I generally only have to pull pallets off the back on doubles, but it depends on what they are sending us.

We aren't allowed to bowl out grocery. Just chemicals/paper/pets. In grocery we are trained and told to restack from the pallets to u-boats and work from the u-boats. I'm of the opinion that's it's a waste to touch a pallet twice too...but I don't make the rules. lol. Never made much sense to me.

We aren't allowed to bowl out grocery. Just chemicals/paper/pets. In grocery we are trained and told to restack from the pallets to u-boats and work from the u-boats. I'm of the opinion that's it's a waste to touch a pallet twice too...but I don't make the rules. lol. Never made much sense to me.
We did that for awhile after the uboat transition because it was impossible to get the uboats on the line, plus in Q4 the consumable team never finished and there were never any free uboats because of the rolling freight between RDC and FDC trucks. Near the end of Q4 we started to support the consumables team and cleared the uboats regularly then were told to stop stacking onto pallets and directly onto uboats. Yeah touching the product twice is a waste but it doesn't help that we spend much more time walking the product to the uboats now that it seems like a wash in terms of productivity, just moved the waste of time from the consumables team to the flow team.

We did that for awhile after the uboat transition because it was impossible to get the uboats on the line, plus in Q4 the consumable team never finished and there were never any free uboats because of the rolling freight between RDC and FDC trucks. Near the end of Q4 we started to support the consumables team and cleared the uboats regularly then were told to stop stacking onto pallets and directly onto uboats. Yeah touching the product twice is a waste but it doesn't help that we spend much more time walking the product to the uboats now that it seems like a wash in terms of productivity, just moved the waste of time from the consumables team to the flow team.

We ran into similar problems. I would take doubles with TONS of grocery freight and all the u-boats in the store couldn't hold it all. We just gave up on them on doubles and used pallets and bowled after that. Once it died down I use the u-boats to organize the freight better (so each u-boat is a valley) and we use them to bowl still though. Its really easy to keep up bowling with one person this way... grocery operating model is plain inefficient if grocery freight is heavy as a team member working 2-3 u-boats for an aisle off of them takes forever!

Depends on the aisle but we have either 6 or 7 u-boats per aisle, one per section of the aisle. I work in a SuperSpot if that wasn't obvious. lol.

at my store, per corp, were to have our trailer unloaded in an hour regaurdless of size. flow is never done within that time frame unless the truck is beneath 1500.... beneath 1200. yeah that sounds more accurate.
mind you our flow team is 10 people INCLUDING softlines.

1 person doing autos
3 people on line
1 person unloading trailer
2 bowlers but 1 is TL
1 person doing break out
1 person doing push
1 person in babies
1 person to pace the truck

softlines? and carts? that can be saved for tomorrow and hidden on the trailer, in case of a visit.

at my store, per corp, were to have our trailer unloaded in an hour regaurdless of size. flow is never done within that time frame unless the truck is beneath 1500.... beneath 1200. yeah that sounds more accurate.

1 person doing autos
3 people on line
2 bowlers but 1 is TL
1 person doing break out
1 person doing push
1 person in babies

softlines? and carts? that can be saved for tomorrow and hidden on the trailer, in case of a visit.
that is just silly

1 person doing autos
3 people on line
2 bowlers but 1 is TL
1 person doing break out
1 person doing push
1 person in babies

We managed an 1800 today in under an hour...transition ia helping their asses out a ton.

that is just silly

We managed an 1800 today in under an hour...transition ia helping their asses out a ton.

silly you say? 2 people just put in their 2 weeks. lets what silly is then!

we had 2500 and werent off the trailer until after 8-830 ^_^ but im not flow anymore thank god. that was the best thing about market team, i was off flow!

silly you say? 2 people just put in their 2 weeks. lets what silly is then!

we had 2500 and werent off the trailer until after 8-830 ^_^ but im not flow anymore thank god. that was the best thing about market team, i was off flow!
2450 took them almost 2hrs. This is why we don't push back trucks. Instead of 1500-1800 which is our normal we get 2200-2500 trucks. At least every other month they do it though. We don't catch up anyway and then the team sours from the bigger trucks, often more per week.

we never finish a truck at our store something always rolls into the next day ... or truck(s)
our STL just says flow is incompetent and doesnt move fast enough. in 2 weeks when they are 8 people and a TL lets how "incompetent" and "slow" they are then?

My store is 4am and we get a 2200 truck unloaded in about 1-1.25hrs. Then everything gets pushed by 8am most days except for some softlines if its heavy and carts. Then there is usually a few people who stay to get the carts done. But recently it has only been the Flow TL staying past 8 (because of payroll) so he is left alone pushing carts.

My store is 4am and we get a 2200 truck unloaded in about 1-1.25hrs. Then everything gets pushed by 8am most days except for some softlines if its heavy and carts. Then there is usually a few people who stay to get the carts done. But recently it has only been the Flow TL staying past 8 (because of payroll) so he is left alone pushing carts.

thats how it was at our store, when we were 4am. now? lmao! no stays past 10am but a few die hard TMs who NEED that money or are for lifers, while the TL scrambles to figure out how its going to "git dun" before next truck

I wouldn't know, flow hasn't finished a truck in ages. The amount of softlines pallets that flow isn't touching is staggering. Also happens to be our highest selling department usually.

Honestly have no idea how in the world the ETL-LOG hasn't been fired by now.

I wouldn't know, flow hasn't finished a truck in ages. The amount of softlines pallets that flow isn't touching is staggering. Also happens to be our highest selling department usually.

Honestly have no idea how in the world the ETL-LOG hasn't been fired by now.
We had an ETL-Log that bad for the longest time. He was fired in after a clusterfuck of a 4th quarter.

Hi all. All these sound better then what we got lol. We got 1 unloading , 1 scanner that pushes off paper/furniture and does electronics and domestics. With 2 on the back of the line and 2 on the front

Our store unloads at 5pm-7pm. We average 2 trucks a night both from either 2300-2700. We usually get out of the trucks within 2- 2 1/2 hours. I gotta admit, we work crazy back there. Our average team a night is roughly 14.

Hi all. All these sound better then what we got lol. We got 1 unloading , 1 scanner that pushes off paper/furniture and does electronics and domestics. With 2 on the back of the line and 2 on the front
A lot has changed over the past few months since the last post. We unload with 4-5 people right now.

are you a low volume store? Can't imagine doing that lol.
A volume. It takes 2-3 hours, depending how much pipo is on the trailer. Today was a 2300 with barely any pallets, so it took 3 hours.

A volume. It takes 2-3 hours, depending how much pipo is on the trailer. Today was a 2300 with barely any pallets, so it took 3 hours.
I'm coming in for a shift in about 2 hours. I'm predicting it's gonna be 2 trucks at about 2300-2500 each :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back