Archived How likely will this be approved...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been with Target since November, I started as a seasonal and was asked to stay on in January. Currently my availability is every Wed, Fri, Sat and Sunday. But starting May 1st I begin my other job, which I've been doing for a couple years as a seasonal Hawaiian shaved ice truck driver. I won't be available any weekends at all and probably not thursdays or fridays. (Due to events, festivals and fairs.)
How likely are they to approve an availability change of working only mondays, tuesdays and wednesdays from May until the end of September? I'm a cashier and I know hours are low right now. I only average like 12 to 14 hours a week. I know of a lot of other team members that only work 1 four hour shift a week because of full time jobs... I will definitely be back full force at the end of Sept early October hits. At that time my availability will swing back to every weekend plus most weekdays again. I did speak to my Hr person about this but she said I needed to speak to my GSTL and it would be up to him. I just worry he'll shoot me down and deny my availability changes forcing me to quit and reapply in October. Please help.

We can't tell you for sure, it's based on the store's needs. Talk to your GSTL and ETL-GE. If they won't approve the availability change, maybe look into taking a leave of absence?

They definitely won't allow a leave of absence for another job. Thanks for your input though. I'll most likely just put it my 2 week notice and reapply in October.🤷🏻‍♀️

I'd just put down availability and see what happens. Let them decide. They might want to keep you for backup on those days and give you a shift just to keep you active.

That would work better for you, too.

They definitely won't allow a leave of absence for another job. Thanks for your input though. I'll most likely just put it my 2 week notice and reapply in October.🤷🏻‍♀️
We’ve had many people take LOAs to make sure a new job works out. You just don’t divulge that information, just say it’s for personal reasons. Doesn’t mean it will be approved though.

You seem to have a pretty restrictive schedule all ready, you are probably not prioritised highly and are good for filler shifts like checklanes. As long as you are not expecting many hours than your store is probably fine with it. Target lives off part timers.

Yes... this is exactly how I'm utilized now and I'm hoping they keep me on for just a shift a week. Id be fine with that. Thanks everyone for your input. I worked today but my GSTL wasn't there today so maybe I'll get a chance to talk to him next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back