Archived How long did it take your plano team to finish Cosmetic transition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.
The TL was still pushing nail polish this morning.
The team had to go do shoes but he stuck it out.
I had all the big signs done but spent this morning taking care of the little ones.
There are some signs I can't do (frelling pixi bullnoses) and have to order new fixtures.

We were a beauty destination remodel store so we had a lot of hours and finished a day early.

We finished on Wednesday, spent thursday and friday working on stationery, had some hours to spend time cleaning out and purging our fixture room of unnecessary stuff.

The plano team did not finish this week, there are still 6 more planograms for them to set and of course they need to go back and fix the ones the did not do right the 1st time (all of them).

The plano team did not finish this week, there are still 6 more planograms for them to set and of course they need to go back and fix the ones the did not do right the 1st time (all of them).

Considering just how bad this set was laid out, I know not a single team out there did it right.
The fact is everybody had to fudge the damn the things or in some cases completely make up new sets by eye.
Half the selves weren't set to fit the graphics or the larger product and product doesn't match the signing.
We have planograms that were set for 3' sections that were supposed to be 4' and vice versa.
Worse set ever.

The issues I am talking about were from them being lazy and/or stupid such as not cleaning, not putting signs in holders, not putting stuff in the correct place, filling 1 facing of a 2 facing item, etc.

Considering just how bad this set was laid out, I know not a single team out there did it right.
The fact is everybody had to fudge the damn the things or in some cases completely make up new sets by eye.
Half the selves weren't set to fit the graphics or the larger product and product doesn't match the signing.
We have planograms that were set for 3' sections that were supposed to be 4' and vice versa.
Worse set ever.
We didn't have the right shelves for the stationary area ( we were missing 6 small ones like the one in entertainement) ,we were also missing the red dividers for the birthday party supplies ,and we didn't have enough of the right label plastic strips .
We are not done !!!! ( the transition was awful,tons of repacks ) .
I usually am not part of the presenttion team ,but for the past couple of weeks ,I have been in the middle of it !!!!I am scheduled 11 hrs ( I call that a tentative schedule ,and always end up with at least 35 ,I do not beg for hours ,the tl are looking for me )

We didn't have the right shelves for the stationary area ( we were missing 6 small ones like the one in entertainement) ,we were also missing the red dividers for the birthday party supplies ,and we didn't have enough of the right label plastic strips .
We are not done !!!! ( the transition was awful,tons of repacks ) .
I usually am not part of the presenttion team ,but for the past couple of weeks ,I have been in the middle of it !!!!I am scheduled 11 hrs ( I call that a tentative schedule ,and always end up with at least 35 ,I do not beg for hours ,the tl are looking for me )

Stationary for us sets next week. We started some of it this week. The entertainment shelves for stationary came on my signing pallet this week.

We finished on Wednesday, spent thursday and friday working on stationery, had some hours to spend time cleaning out and purging our fixture room of unnecessary stuff.

Whoa! How you get it done so fast? How many hours did you use and when did you start?

Started on Monday, we barely finished on time, but we finished about 3 aisles. We have 4 TMs who know how to set cosmetics. Each TM was paired with someone else for assistance in takedown, cleaning, and backfill. Not entirely sure how many hours we got exactly for cosmetics, i want to say it was around 280 or so..enough for 6 TMs(TL included) to work fulltime shifts+ some other TMs sprinkled around. Our cosmetics aisles are 20ft... do most stores have 24ft? None of the aisles in my store are 24ft but i heard its common at bigger stores.

We finished all the Cosmetics & softlines planos. I think the hours were over 450 for the week. Our aisles are 28'. Did a full audit of signing and realized we were missing quite a bit from cosmetics. I just came back from vaca, so I'm not sure if this was a tm error or HQ. Also, when will they realize they need to send bullnose lips EVERY time we set cosmetics?? I ordered more in plenty of time in prep for the set, but they still haven't come yet.....

We start stationary next week, but those are usually a cake walk next to cosmetics.

Stationary for us sets next week. We started some of it this week. The entertainment shelves for stationary came on my signing pallet this week.

I am sure ours are somewhere in the building ,but nobody knew exactly where ...it will show up ,eventually !!!!

We barely finished setting yesterday, but there's still a few small repacks that need to be pushed, and of course this is plano's weekend off. : / I offered to come in on every single day off I had, just to make sure it got done, but of course there are no hours available.

we finished thursday, under by 38 hours for the week (on top of only having around 240 with signing). luckily, softlines actually set the mens basics for us. cosmetics wasn't too bad, did not care for all the moves in the pixi, jemma, np sections. still waiting on the bullnoses. and what's with the clings in the nail polish areas? did anyone get those?

we finished thursday, under by 38 hours for the week (on top of only having around 240 with signing). luckily, softlines actually set the mens basics for us. cosmetics wasn't too bad, did not care for all the moves in the pixi, jemma, np sections. still waiting on the bullnoses. and what's with the clings in the nail polish areas? did anyone get those?

We got those clings the last time we set nailcare but not this time. They go over the bullnose so you can peel it off when it gets covered with nail polish that the guests put on it. They should send them every time but they didn't this time.

We had half the team in cos sunday & monday, everyone there tuesday & wednesday, and I set the last plano thrus night by myself (Sonia=easy). We did some of the store revs and part of mens sunday night, book & video game revs monday night, and then finished up mens and got all but two planograms in shoes done on thursday night. Shoes was a major deal because on paper with the hours and people we had, there was originally no way we were even going to be able to touch shoes. (and the ETLs threw a hissy fit when we said as such). AND we got all the shoe & cos transition pushed!

We got those clings the last time we set nailcare but not this time. They go over the bullnose so you can peel it off when it gets covered with nail polish that the guests put on it. They should send them every time but they didn't this time.

you wouldn't happen to have a part # would you?

We didn't have the right shelves for the stationary area ( we were missing 6 small ones like the one in entertainement)

We didn't get the shelves either only we need about 18 of the damned things.

we are so behind in cosmetics... and our ETL's wanted plano and I to finish softlines first so there are not two broken areas in the store.

In cosmetics We got one full aisle done, and I did 3 4 foot sections alone, so we have loreal, revlon, pixi/NP and the entire back wall (nail accessories, nail polish) still to do. blaaaargggggh !!! We were also missing alot, and some came in broken (the small half shelves, we had 3 come in totally snapped, urgh). SHOULD get finished late this week I hope, depending on what they want us doing first, I dont have any more presentation hours till next week, so they may finish it without me

I love how the instructions they sent for the new Indie sets showed a one or two notch gap between the bottom shelf and the basedeck, but then they sent a message board, one week later, mind you, to set the bottom as low as it will go. Well thanks fur the clarification, after every store already has it set!

And yes, shameless pat on my own back for setting all three Indie pogs in 7.5 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back